Beckey D.
on 5/23/04 12:19 am - Sale Creek, TN
Hi, I'm a new member to this board but not to Obesityhelp. I have somewhat of a profile but I've not put much there so far. Mostly because I'm unsure of how to go about it. Anyway, my name is Beckey and I live near Chattanooga, TN. I had surgery with Dr. Scot****son in Johnson City, TN on 2/13/04 and have lost 64lbs so far. I've been VERY happy with my surgery and progress thus far. I will say I seem to lose LOTS of weight one week and NOTHING the next. How frustrating that can be. Of course I shouldn't be weighing myself every day either. Ok, back to my information. I have a husband and 2 sons. One is married the other still living at home. I've been heavy all my adult life. I was 145 when I got out of high school and my mother always preached to me how fat I was. I think I began to think the same and that just made me turn to food more until I reached 284lbs. In the past two years I've begun to value myself a bit more and since surgery I am truly HAPPY for the first time in many many years. I am happy in my marriage and motherhood but was not in any other aspect of life. I can now say that is PAST. Ok, this is a books so I'll shush now. Thanks for reading this far if you are still with me. Hugs, Beckey
Cherry C.
on 5/23/04 3:55 am - Morristown, TN
Beckey, So glad you posted on O.H.(TN.) board! My name is Cherry Cody I was born in Athens,Tn. I love to come to Chatt. and shop. I live in Morristown. Maybe after I have my WLS I can buy myself something besides a pocketbook or lotion. lol Please come back as often as you can and keep us updated on your progress. My friend Michelle on here she lives in Knoxville she is going to go to Dr. Watson. Glad to meet you! Cherry Cody
tinyTNgirl
on 5/23/04 4:45 am - TN
Hiya Beckey! So glad you decided to join us! Congratulations on your excellent success. My surgery is Tuesday and i'm so excited and scared at the same time. Please keep in touch with us and come back often. God bless ya! Melanie
T H.
on 5/23/04 5:10 am - NH
Welcome Beckey ... I am post op from surgery on 5/5 and am just now adjusting to the pureed food stage. Glad you could join us on the TN board. The more the merry! Please keep us updated, sounds like you are doing great!
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/23/04 11:44 am - Crossville, TN
Hey Beckey! Congrats on your amazing weight loss! Your doing wonderful! I'm glad to see a new face on the board - Hope to see you around more often! What part of Chattanooga are you in? I'm heading down that way this week for a little shopping.... We usually shop Hixison. By the way, I had my open ryn on March 24, 2004 - I've lost 55 pounds! Keep us posted! Hugs, Katie
jrbartlett
on 5/23/04 1:06 pm - Arlington, TN
welcome Becky. sounds like you are doing well. keep up the good work !
Most Active
Recent Topics