Feeling unsure

wannabe an 8.
on 5/20/04 9:56 am - knoxville, TN
I am so soad after reading Brandi's profile. When it got to the part she wanted to do after surgery.. It has really touched my heart. I did not even know anything had went wrong. I am tinking alot about her family,and praying for them. Asking GOD to give them strength.
Melissa D.
on 5/20/04 4:01 pm - North Nashville, TN
Michelle, I can understand completely how you feel. I still sit on the fence as to whether or not to have the surgery. BUT...if you look at the risks versus the gains, the risks are relatively low and the gains are very high. I pray for you to have the strength to make the decision that is right for you. I also pray for Brandi and her family. She died trying to help herself. I have so much respect for her for havng that courage. May God bless you and be with you...
CarolynInHuntsville
on 5/20/04 11:54 pm - Alabama, AL
This is where the desire to have the surgery must be weighed against the MEDICAL NECESSITY. Unfortunately, I feel that some people choose to have the surgery without having tried every other conservative option available. For those who have a TRUE MEDICAL NECESSITY for this surgery, it can be a lifesaver. Each person must evaluate their own situation and come to the best decision for them. In reaching that decision, it must be understood that while most people come through this with no major complications--you can have complications up to and including death. Each individual must decide if they are willing to take the chance of dying during or as a result of the surgery. Of course, for some people, if they do not have the surgery, they are just dying a slow but sure death regardless. I have not had the surgery and am still not sure if I will or will not, but I do know that if I choose to do so, I will have it done by a surgeon that I have great faith in--and even more importantly--I will leave it up to God to bring me to and through surgery safely. To those making the decision to move forward, I wish you the best of everything. To those who have already had the surgery---CONGRATULATIONS and may you have continued success!
Most Active
Recent Topics