Help! I have Cigna

kesha_memphis
on 5/17/04 6:02 am - memphis, TN
I have Cigna insurance and they are giving me the Blues! They are reallying taking me thur the ringer and i'm trying to not give up! Has anyone out there been approved by them lately.
tinyTNgirl
on 5/17/04 7:46 am - TN
Hiya Kesha! I dont have Cigna so I cant comment on their policies. But dont give up as thats what they want you to do. Think of the money they save by dragging it out as long as they can and getting many people to give in. Keep pushing gf! Give them every piece of info they ask for until they run out of reasons to deny. You'll make it! You're in my prayers hon! God bless ya! Melanie
kesha_memphis
on 5/17/04 9:39 am - memphis, TN
Thanks Melanie for the support! I have a long road and it does seem to get discouraging sometimes but i'm going to try to hang in there and fight. Thanks again. Kesha
Candik2
on 5/17/04 12:47 pm - South Central, TN
Do they have an exclusion in there policy against WLS?? If so, I hate to say it but your road not only just got harder but damn near impossible. Please let us know. Candi
Laura H.
on 5/17/04 1:07 pm - Memphis, TN
Kesha, My husband and I have Cigna. He was approved back in September for his surgery. He really didn't have any problems, took them about 3 weeks. His surgeon was Dr. McGrath-Weaver in Memphis. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. I have heard, though, that Cigna is very hard to deal with!! Good Luck!! Laura
TraumaRN
on 5/17/04 6:12 pm - COVINGTON, TN
I do not personally have Cigna insurance, but my surgeons office told all of us that they are the hardest to deal with. I wish you luck. Anne
babyblues68
on 5/18/04 12:17 pm - Cordova, TN
Hi Kesha, I have Cigna open access. Is your insurance thru FEDEX by chance? I'm just at the beginning and should deal with them in June. I've heard bad and good about Cigna. If they give you a hard time keep calling them. I'm prepared to call daily if I have a problem. I do know Cigna approved to pay for my physical and physc evaluation. Keep us updated. Tammy
kesha_memphis
on 5/18/04 12:27 pm - memphis, TN
Hi Tammy...Yes my Cigna insurance is thur FEDEX.. So you have cigna too..hopefully it works out for the both of us...I keep you updated and you do the same. Kesha
Newsexyme
on 5/18/04 1:29 pm - Memphis, Tn
I have cigna also and I have been waiting for a response from them for about a month now. I call once a week to check and see If the have approved it. I am disappointed that they wont approve lapband surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics