Turned in my paperwork, now the wait!

Candik2
on 5/16/04 11:19 pm - South Central, TN
Ok, so we all know from my last post, I went last Friday to Nashville, I had to go for work, but thought while I was up there that I'd drop off my paperwork so I wouldn't have to make a special trip this week. Well as I was leaving I started thinking "Hm, Friday, are they even open on Friday?" Well I looked at my paperwork & they weren't! So I was a little discouraged, but wasn't going to let that stop me. I figured well surely SOMEONE will be there & maybe they'll just let me drop off my paperwork anyway. Well I get there & don't you know the place is locked up tighter than Fort Knox! But there is a sign on the door that says all next week no one will be in that office so we will have to drop our paperwork off at the surgeon's actual office. (They have a separate office where you drop off your initial paperwork). Sooooooo I started thinking well if I'm going to have to go to their office next week anyway, maybe somebody will be there today to take it & THEY WERE!!!!!!! I was so thrilled. I dropped off my paperwork, they weighed me & got a copy of my insurance card & now all I have to do is wait!! Unfortunately the lady that gets your surgery approved by the insurance company is going to be out on vacay until the 24th , but I guess I can wait. I was so hoping for a June date though, & that's looking less & less like a possibility, especially if I'm going to have to go through an appeal. Everyone please pray that I get approved on my first try! (Is that a selfish prayer? ) Thanks for listening! TTYS Candi
Eva O.
on 5/17/04 12:21 am - Thompson Station, TN
Ha Candi That is not a selfish prayer at all,i will be praying for you and tell me who is your Dr. again.(can't remember anything). I can't wait to find out if my insurance will cover the lap band. I guess i just want all this over as does everyone i sure.Well good luck to you Candi and i am sure all will work out.Please keep us posted with your progress. Eva
Candik2
on 5/17/04 12:37 pm - South Central, TN
Hey Eva, My doctor is Dr. Charles Morton, I'd have to say he is one of the most experienced bandster doctors in Nashville I do believe, so I know I am in good hands. I am just PRAYING that I am approved for this surgery, on the lapband board several people have recently posted how they've been denied & I am so worried that this will be me too in a couple of weeks! I asked you before about your insurance, who was your doctor again? TTYS Candi
tinyTNgirl
on 5/17/04 7:43 am - TN
Hiya Candi girl! Who on earth goes on vacation in MAY??? SHEESH lol just kiddin ya gf. Look on the bright side, atleast you got the paperwork turned in. Thats a great step in the right direction. And maybe it will be the first one submitted when she returns from vacation. You can still get a June date. BCBS is a great group. I've seen several posts where people got approvals in a week. If you do, then it will just depend on your surgeons schedule. I'll keep you in my prayers gf. Keep your chin up! God bless ya chickie! Melanie
TraumaRN
on 5/17/04 3:31 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Candi, You are on your way..... Not too much longer and you should have a date. Congratulations to you and I hope that everything goes smoothly for you. Just think..not too long and you'll be a loser!!! Anne
Eva O.
on 5/18/04 7:01 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Candi, how are you today,sorry i thought i said before but maybe not i am on Tenncare select,and Dr. Morton does not take it,so i guess i will hope that Dr.Spaw does.That is what they told me when i called his office.I sure wish i could see him i have heard that he is the best but i have heard also that Dr. Spaw is good.So hopefully all will go smoothly,just have to wait now for appt. on the 22 of June. Bye for now Eva
Most Active
Recent Topics