The latest word ...

T H.
on 5/16/04 8:56 am - NH
A big howdy to all of my OH friends. I am starting to feel better everyday. Even started driving yesterday ... The only issue I seem to have and based on what I have seen on the posts on the main it is relatively common is unbelievable dry mouth in the mornings. (egads it's bad ...) I am feeling great, walking more now and gettting my wind back more and more. Feel no real constraints and have not had to use any pain medication since release (and really none while in the hospital except when in ICU and that was more from a want to pass out as opposed to real pain). On day 3 of the protein shakes and was not lactose intolerant (have been using recipies #1 and #2 for the Centennial patients) and it's not been bad at all. Hard to make 6 oz last 30 minutes but I have been doing it and have not had a lot of hunger issues, some cravings when I smell other food but not enough to stray the path. I again wanted to thank all of those who wrote me and conveyed the kind sentiments pre and post operatively. I really appreciated all of this and it meant a great deal knowing that I was in the thoughts of others. I hope everyone is well and either getting prepped or making strides in their journey! Take care and have a wonderful evening ...
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/16/04 11:00 am - Crossville, TN
Hi William! I'm so glad to hear your doing so well. I'm so proud and happy for you! I was going to e-mail you but I figured you were still recovering and didn't really want to be bothered, just yet. However, I still get that dry mouth thing - Its pretty common with this surgery. Drink as much water as you can, it gets a little better. I do suggest going to the toothpaste aisle and buying a tongue scrapper. I know it sounds odd but I swear it helps a little in the morning. Anyways, good to hear from you and I'll talk to you SOON! I promise! Hugs, Katie
T H.
on 5/17/04 2:14 am - NH
Hey Katie, Thanks for the suggestion. I am not checking in as regularly as possible since it's on another computer and the connection is sorta slow. Thanks for the info about the tongue item. I talked to several post ops in the waiting room last doctor visit and they gave me info about ideas as well. Speak to ya soon ...
tinyTNgirl
on 5/16/04 12:39 pm - TN
Hiya Will!!!! Glad to hear from ya again! And thrilled to hear you're doing so well. Cept for the cotton mouth lol. I have 9 days left and am getting so anxious. Seems it will never get here. I'm so impatient. I bought the protein packets for recipe #3. Hope they arent too bad. There are so many flavors. I know I got peach, cookies n creme, raspberry, some kind of berry nut crunch, I forget all the varieties. I'm still waiting on my calcium to get here, should be any day now. All the other stuff I have in a bag. I got my new robe and slippers at Walmart lol. No chance on looking like i'm a UT fan, the robe is orange and the slippers are white. LOL. I think i'm going to wear my pajamas to the hospital. They are navy blue with Spongebob on them, and the pants say "GOT KELP?" on the butt lmao. I better get ready for bed, bout that time. Unfortunately I gotta work in the morning. Big hugs to ya, you big ole loser you!!! God bless! Melanie
Cherry C.
on 5/16/04 1:14 pm - Morristown, TN
You go William!! I have thought about you everyday! I am soo glad you are doing well! Don't over do it! Just try and follow your doctors rules! I can not wait until you go back so we will know how much you have lost! Hugs!! Cherry
T H.
on 5/17/04 2:17 am - NH
Thanks for the positive thoughts Cherry, I appreicate it! Down 35 lbs after the first visit so I'll let you guys know what Thursday's visit indicates.
T H.
on 5/17/04 2:15 am - NH
Sounds like you are good to go! We'll all be rooting for you I love the "jammies"! Take Care!
kymt
on 5/17/04 11:32 am - nashville, TN
better be glad your not in my area my daughter would be hunting you down for those PJ's lol. im new here but wanted to stick my head and and say congrats to WILL for for coming though your surgery and feeling good.and melanie i know i dont know you im excited for you i have been reading your post and im i wi**** was me lol.cant wait to read your post after the surgery to see how your doing.
Candik2
on 5/16/04 11:07 pm - South Central, TN
I am so glad to hear you are doing well. Walking too, you are the best. William, I think you are going to do great! I am so excited for you. When is your first post-op appt? Let us know how things go. Great to hear from you. Candi
T H.
on 5/17/04 2:19 am - NH
Candi, Had my first post-op visit Thursday and had lost 35 lbs. I have my follow-up this Thursday and hopefully will be allowed to move onto the blended stage. Thank you for the positive affirmations! Take care and I will speak with you soon!
Most Active
Recent Topics