Hello everyone!!!!!!!

Candik2
on 5/12/04 11:45 pm - South Central, TN
Well, I FINALLY had my last seminar & have pretty much decided to go w/Dr. Morton. His PA was really sweet & he seemed really knowledgeable (sp?) & I liked the answers he gave. Sooooooo now I just have to go to Nashville next week & get the ball rolling on all my insurance stuff. I am so nervous that my insurance is going to deny me & while I know that I can appeal & most people win on their appeals, I was really hoping for a June surgery. I have mailed my PCP a sample letter for him to write for me & I am getting nervous just thinking about it all. I did meet two great ladies while I was at my seminar. Michelle (Southern band gal) & a lurker "Jane" who has gone from 301 lbs to 154 to a size 6!! I can't wait, they were both so sweet & even let me feel their ports (and for all you RNY'ers out there that isn't anything sexual!LOL). You two were so sweet, we had so much fat girl stuff in common, I can't wait till we don't!! Well, I can't wait till I don't! LOL TTYS Candi
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/13/04 1:23 am - Crossville, TN
LOL Candi - You sure it wasn't something sexual! *wink* However, I wish you the best of luck with your journy! Think positive and keep us updated. -Katie
Eva O.
on 5/13/04 2:51 am - Thompson Station, TN
HI CANDI, well it was great to hear all that info.thank you so much it really does make me want the lap band even more.i can't wait for my seminar and appt. with Dr. Spaw even though i am not sure my ins.will approve it.The 22 of june is a long!!!!!!!!!!!! way off.And do you think i should start with all the other stuff.Where did you get the sample letter you are talking about that you sent to your pcp? Sorry i guess i am kinda dumbwhen it comes to all the stuff but i have to ask to find out right.Any helpis greatly appreciated.Thanks so much. Eva
Candik2
on 5/13/04 11:23 am - South Central, TN
The packet that my surgeon gave me at the seminar had the sample letter in it, but I'm sure your PCP if needed can come up w/one. As far as pre-op stuff I'm not sure what Dr. Spaw's protocol is, but unlike the RNY surgery there isn't a lot of intense doctor's visits or anything like that, as a matter of fact my surgeon doesn't even require a visit w/a psychiatrist, although some still do. As far as Dr. Spaw's office, you should call them & let them know what date you are going to the seminar & see if they'll go ahead & send you the packet to fill out, from what I remember from my appt w/Dr. Husted I believe I just went to the seminar & then they set me up for the consultation & then they do all the other stuff from there. Have you considered Centennial Hospital & their program? Dr. Houston does the surgery & he's really great, but I'm not sure if they're in your network, just asking, you could probably get in a little quicker w/him & also they were extremely quick about getting Melanie (on this board) approved, she went to the seminar, had her consult & got approved & a date for surgery all in about a week's time! But she has really good insurance that approves really quickly. Hope that helps & I really hope your insurance & mine both approve it. Have you visited the lapband forum? It's FULL of information & people who've gotten denied & had to fight their insurance companies, I've learned so much from all of them. Well, hope that helps some! Good luck & let me know of anything I can do to help or if you just have a question, I'd love to answer it for you if I can. TTYS Candi
tinyTNgirl
on 5/13/04 4:42 am - TN
Well, now I have a new pick up line. "Cmere baby and feel my port". LMAO oh man thats a riot. I saw that lil avoider comment ya hussy and I called you when I was finished in Nashville just like I said I would. Ask your man if I didnt. And last night we went house shopping. So there! LOL. Congratulations on finally "nailing" your surgeon down lmao I kill me. You're a step closer, gf! Hugs! Mel
Candik2
on 5/13/04 11:27 am - South Central, TN
Hey, depending on if I decide to keep my husband around or not I may be using that pick up line one day! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics