Preop stuff all done!!!

tinyTNgirl
on 5/11/04 12:20 pm - TN
Well, I survived preop day! LOL It began at 9:30 am with the dietician. She gave me a nice binder with all kinds of literature and diets inside. Also gave me all the vitamins and suppliments I have to purchase. Then, after about 30 minutes for a quick lunch, it was off to the Evelyn Frye Center for the psych eval. Man O man, was that rough. The written tests (yes I said TESTS plural) were about 500 questions together. Its the awful kind like we took in school where you have to color in the circles. My hand was killing me by the time I finished. Took me the full two hours. Then the last hour was spent with the psychologist. I'm horrible with names, but she was a very nice lady. She passed me lol. They will send the report to Dr. Houston asap. Then it was off to Centennial Medical Center for labs and an ekg. They took three tubes of blood and ran the ekg which thankfully read noraml ekg on the strip. After all of that, I picked my daughter up, and headed to GNC for the necessary items. They did have the protein drinks and sublingual B12. They did not have the right iron or the liquid calcium. So i'll have to find those elsewhere. Something I learned today that I didnt know before was that after RNY you cannot ever take pills in capsule form again. The dietician said that they get lodged in the intestine (or maybe it was the bowel) and have to be surgically removed! YIKES!! So no capsules ever! Well, that was everything. Took all day but I enjoyed it and am glad its behind me. Now i'm all done until surgery day. Two weeks from tomorrow and counting. Please remember me in your prayers! God bless all you beautiful people!!! Love and hugs! Melanie
msjadedpearls
on 5/11/04 12:40 pm - unicoi, TN
wow melanie you did have a big day.i think the center that you guys are going to sounds great. i had to go to a group nutritional class that sucked cause you really didn't get alot of info, and my psych. eval i had to go to see a dr stephens twice for hour long sessions my insurance paid for those, i had to attend one support group meeting....but it sounds like you got alot of good info today. last friday i had to go for blood work, ekg, and chest xray at johnson city medical center.......lmao :D today i bought all my clean out supplies for next wednesday's funday ...see ya lisa
tinyTNgirl
on 5/11/04 1:04 pm - TN
LOL Lisa cleanout for funday just doesnt sound like much fun! Dr. Houston doesnt make you do the colon cleansing so I dont get to eat for 24 hours before surgery. Thats a long time to go without food. At times I think i'd rather drink the stuff and poop all night lol. Ok, that was nasty!! LOL I'm so excited for you! You'll be home from surgery by the time my day gets here.... heffer! LOL God bless ya babes! Melanie
Cherry C.
on 5/11/04 1:13 pm - Morristown, TN
Melanie, All your ducks are in a row! I am soo happy for you! Please keep us updated! I am going to my PCP in the morning and his office is going to make my app. Phc., dietation, and sleep study. I am so ready! Good Luck! love, Cherry
T H.
on 5/12/04 1:18 am - NH
You know I'd have to comment on that one ... Wow my eating cutoff was 12 and the Magnesium Citrate wasn't too bad for me given my liquid intake prior to surgery but whatever works ... Glad you got everything done and there were no other "approvals" (I had cardiac and pulomonary approvals needed) that you had to get. You're in the home stretch now ...
wannabe an 8.
on 5/12/04 8:04 am - knoxville, TN
Lisa How did you like the hospital? Are those all the req items you had to do? Cause I am guessing mine will be alot like yours since we have the same dr office. Except i go to Scot****son. On friday (first visit) How long did it take you to get a date?
emerging_butterfly
on 5/11/04 2:07 pm - Columbia, SC
WooHoo, Melanie!!! I am soooo happy for you. Do you remember the name of the tests you had to finish? That's just the geeking future school psychologist in me. I am curious what they use for the psych eval. I am sooo glad everything is A-OK. Just two weeks to go and you will be a loser!! You are in my prayers. I am with you. I do not think I could go 24 hours without eating!!! YIKES! Susan {!}
Eva O.
on 5/11/04 2:42 pm - Thompson Station, TN
Ha Melanie, I know you are glad to have all that stuff over with, well not long for you now,i will be thinking of you and good luck with the rest and you will be in my prayers that all goes smoothley and quick and you will be on the losing side before you know it. Eva
TraumaRN
on 5/11/04 11:50 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Congratulations Melanie, I bet you are relieved to have all of that pre-op stuff done. I know that you will do great with the surgery. Counting down the days is going to be the longest thing that you have ever had to do. However, before you know it, it will be here. Again congratulations on getting the next step completed. Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics