I'm new here!

Laura H.
on 5/9/04 3:32 pm - Memphis, TN
Hi! I just wanted to introduce myself, I have been a lurker on OH for about a year now. I decided to be more active now that I am pretty sure that I will have the surgery. I plan on having a Lap RNY, with Dr. McGrath-Weaver in Memphis. I am mailing my application for the program to them tomorrow. My husband had an open RNY this past September and has lost 150 pounds so far. We really like Dr. McGrath. I have a 3 month old son and hope to be able to continue to burse him after surgery. I have read about some people being able to do this. I have thought about waiting until I wean him, but I also really want to get healthy. We'll see. I look forward to sharing with all of you on this board! Laura
TraumaRN
on 5/9/04 5:18 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Hi Laura, Welcome. I am a patient of Dr. McGrath-Weaver and am anticipating surgery in early July. I wish you all the luck in the world and know that you will succeed. Anne
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/10/04 1:52 am - Crossville, TN
Hi Laura! Welcome to the Tennessee Board!!! Good luck with your appointment, I'm sure you'll make the best decision for YOU and your family! Keep us updated, please! However, your hubby as done fantastic. Wow! Congrats to him. -Katie
della L.
on 5/10/04 6:54 am - salisbury, nc
hey laura. Tell paul I said heloo and CONGRATULATIONS oon his weight loss. I came to see him while he was in the hospital. I had my lap rhy in october and have lost 104lbs. Good luck on your up coming journey and keep me posted on your surgery date so I can come see you also. I hope to see you and your husband this Wed. night at our support group meeting. Della
tinyTNgirl
on 5/10/04 11:22 am - TN
Hi Laura! Welcome to the front row of the board lol. Glad you decided to stop lurking and start speaking. Welcome to the family. I'm preop also, scheduled for the 26th, so about 2 more weeks. Preop stuff is tomorrow. A huge CONGRATS to your hubby on his success. It really helps me to hear about the great loses. Keep us posted on your journey! God bless! Melanie
Cherry C.
on 5/10/04 12:02 pm - Morristown, TN
Welcome Laura! Glad to meet you! Your hubby is doing GREAT!!! I know you are really proud of him! Well if hubby had it I bet you are already a pro at knowing what you have to do and what to expect! Please keep us posted! Cherry
Candik2
on 5/10/04 12:30 pm - South Central, TN
Hey Laura, Glad to hear ya! Welcome to our comfy board, pull up a keyboard & make yourself at home. Candi
wannabe an 8.
on 5/10/04 12:34 pm - knoxville, TN
hiya Laura Glad to meet you... I am just getting started too. I am in Knoxville but will be in Memphis this weekend for business. Glad you are here
Laura H.
on 5/10/04 3:26 pm - Memphis, TN
Thanks for such a warm welcome!!! Della, I saw your picture the other day at the office and you look great!! We are planning on coming to the meeting on Wed., so see you then! Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics