HI:)

VFLOYD
on 5/5/04 7:37 am - HOLLY SPRINGS, MS
Hi Anne & Everyone, I was a bit disappointed that I could not get into the dietitian sooner. I probably want start my classes until then. I saw my PCP last week, I asked Dr. McGrath's office if I need to request any additional test such as blood work, EKG, Chest X rays. I was told no because these test will need to be completed 2 weeks prior to Surgery... (I sound like I'm already approved hu?) My Psy. Visit yesterday with Dr. Paul Leonard took about 2 hours. He was wonderful, but the paperwork had my vision blurry for the rest of the day. Or was it this TYPE 2 Diabetes. Shhhhh don't tell anybody I'm posting from work. A home computer is also one of my prerequisites before surgery. I get nervous just thinking about not having the ability to communicate with you all if it happens, or shall I say when it happensJ.
tinyTNgirl
on 5/5/04 9:12 am - TN
Hi Valerie! Sorry you're disappointed about the dietician. However, it does sound like things are moving along for you. I'm going on the 11th for my preop stuff, and they said the psych eval is 3 hours, 2 for testing and 1 for talking with the doctor. I kinda dread that. Good luck sweetie! Melanie
goatswife
on 5/5/04 11:15 am - Nashville, TN
I'M TELLING I'M TELLING, VALERIES ON THE COMPUTER AT WORK,,,MOM, VALERIES ON THE COMPUTER AT WORK AGAIN.......
TraumaRN
on 5/5/04 6:08 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Hi Valerie, Well I had my first dietician class tonight and it was great. Ginger said that usually it takes two weeks after you take the classes to get an appointment with Dr. McGrath and then about 2 more weeks before you have surgery. By the way, there were people at the meeting that haven't had their eval with Ginger or their appointments with their PCP or psych eval. If you want to come next week they start at 6pm and then you can be done with them by the time that you see Ginger for your eval. It will put you right up even with me. Your decision of course. She is a great person and was at one time heavy herself. I would love to have you sitting next to me for the next class. Let me know what you want to do. Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics