I GOT A PROMOTION!!!

goatswife
on 5/3/04 12:37 pm - Nashville, TN
Hi there roomies, I got offered a new job that entails a promotion. BUT (there's always one of those isn't there?) I work for the State, and even tho it's a promotion, the money is only gonna be another 130.00 a month. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for every dime I earn, but cmon, $130.00 a month??? My husband keeps saying, "it's a great learning experience", anyone wanna hold him down while I smack him? LOL, hugs to you all, Carol
tinyTNgirl
on 5/3/04 1:25 pm - TN
Way to go gf!!! Now, i'm never one to turn down the green, no matter how small, but i'd still love to hold your hubby while you abuse him LOL A promotion is quite a compliment. Hell, I still havent gotten my 90 day raise I was promised, and I had my 1 yr anniversary in February. Hows that for crappy??? God bless hon! Melanie
TraumaRN
on 5/3/04 2:15 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Hi Carol, I used to work for the state. I was a nurse manager at Arlington Developmental Center. When I left there I was making about 22.50/hr. I came to the MED and am making more with less responsibility. I know how badly the state of Tennessee pays. My husband also works for the state as a correctional officer. If he were to be working in NY he would have triple the salary. Go figure!! Well congrats to you.....every penny does count. Anne
T H.
on 5/3/04 8:31 pm - NH
Carol, Foremost, Congratulations (or codolences, whichever you prefer) ... I also work for the state and I can understand your mild enthusiasm at the dollars offered. But if the job is a new change of pace, it's probably a good thing as we both know that we can probably never count on large pay from the state. And yes, that is a shame ... Glad you got promoted in the sense that it's good to hear (in my opinion) that people who are sensitive and aware of the needs of obese people and of WLS patients are moving up in the ranks as I think so many people are often uptight or afraid to talk to their co-workers about this stuff. One more day and counting ...
Tim B.
on 5/4/04 1:32 am - Memphis, TN
Hi Carol, Congrats on your promotion - I know $130 doesn't sound like much, but you can always think of it this way: $130 more per month will pay the minimum payment on several credit cards. $130 more per month will pay for a really nice dinner (or two) for you and your husband. $130 more per month will make that car payment easier to pay. $130 more per month will buy you a couple of new outfits each month. Etc. Etc. Etc. Again, congratulations, and I hope this reply was beneficial. Tim
Candik2
on 5/4/04 2:07 pm - South Central, TN
Love that half glass full way of looking at things Tim & congrats on your promotion Carol! Any experience you can gain will never go to waste. Candi
Most Active
Recent Topics