help

sarahkb
on 5/1/04 2:43 am - Russellville, AL
I know those of you how have been on here a long time, have saw this posted 100 times. I want to have surgery so bad, but I scared. I have dreams that I had RNY and looked so good and wake up to find it is just a dream. I know my insurance will approve me, but I am scared to take the first step. I ask myself, which doctor should I go to? Can I quit smoking? What if I have severe head hunger and want this reversed? I need some moral support please. I am a very emotional person who does not have any confidence. I have had 4 appointments with Dr.Facundus and cancelled them because I was too scared to make that first step.
ShrinkingKatie
on 5/1/04 4:35 am - Crossville, TN
Hi Sarah! I'm not sure if I can answer all your questions. However, I can tell you about my experince with the surgery. I researched for over a year about it before I even told anyone I was interested in having it - I wasn't sure how my family would react or if they thought I was taking the easy way out. Then at my sleep apena check-up, my doctor asked how I felt about it and thankfully thats when the whole can of worms came open for me. However, when it finally came time to have it and make the first step - I learned it wasn't about my family, friends, or even the doctors. This was my chance to have a 2nd chance in life, it was my chance reach for want I really wanted. So my advice - Keep reaching forward and when your truely ready to make this step, you'll know. Trust me. I know its really hard, really scary... oh hell so much wrapped in one but when your ready to make all these changes in your life, you'll never miss another appointment because you realize what you truely want and finally its not that food or smokes or whatever. I wish you the best of luck on your journey towards weight loss surgery. And please never think once that this is an easy decision because its not by any means. Hugs, Katie
tinyTNgirl
on 5/1/04 11:11 am - TN
Hi Sarah. My best advice is to research research research!!! Thats the only thing that will help you make the right decision. You have nothing to lose by going to a seminar and meeting with a surgeon. Neither committ you to doing anything. And it may help you in your decision process. We're all scared at one time or another. Thats why you have to do your homework and make the best decision for yourself. I wish you the best of luck in your journey! God bless!! Melanie
Most Active
Recent Topics