tenncare

emerging_butterfly
on 4/28/04 12:22 pm - Columbia, SC
Hey all! New to the group. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with TennCare and WLS. I am currently in the process of applying for TennCare specifically for the surgery. I kow it will be tough with all of the government cuts, but this is the only way I can afford it. I cannot get private insurance because of my weight. Any help is appreciated. Susan
Eva O.
on 4/28/04 2:04 pm - Thompson Station, TN
Hi Susan, i am new here too,but i do have tenncare select and i am just getting started with my journey.I am going to my first seminar May 6 in Dickson Tenn.and i will find out all the info. i hope then.I have been on tenncare for about 9 years now so i don't know how difficult it is to get it now. But good luck to you and your journey. God bless Eva Ortiz
Sabby
on 4/28/04 2:56 pm - Knoxville, TN
I have PHP Tenncare. I also got it specifically to get the surgery - of course, two weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I now have a gorgeous little boy I got approval in a week and a half for a Lap RNY with Dr. Boyce in Knoxville. PHP is pretty good with approvals, I think. That's what I've heard, and that's what my experience is anyway.
tinyTNgirl
on 4/28/04 10:06 pm - TN
Hiya Susan and welcome to the group!!! Glad to have ya! I work in a 5 physician family practice and we have patients with Tenncare Select that have successfully had RNY. I attended my seminar two days ago and what they said there was that some surgeons do not accept it because it reimburses them so little. However, the hospitals do accept it, and the surgeons that do not give reduced rates and payment options for those patients. I dont think you'll have any trouble provided that you meet their criteria. Best of luck to you dear Susan and welcome again! Melanie
debradenby
on 4/29/04 1:12 am - Baxter, TN
hay! good luck : I work for an Insurance man and we have plenty of people who come to apply so they can show their denial to help get on TennCare. I'v also been on TennCare for about 9 to 10 years and I'm going to try to get Dr. Husted in Nashville, but may have to have Dr.Hrushka in Clarksville their both good as far as I'v heard.
DixieFlower
on 4/29/04 10:05 pm - Chattanooga, TN
I have BlueCare and the only problems I had were in the beggining trying to find a surgeon. Since my BMI was so high none of the local surgeons would take me, however I found out that the tenncare insurances have a case management division. Once I contacted them and got a case manager it was smooth sailing. BlueCare approved my surgeons request 24 hrs after they recieved it. Best of luck.
Rachel M.
on 4/30/04 10:56 am - Nashville, TN
I have Tenncare Select and was covered 100% for open rny with Dr hruska in clarksville. I didnt even need a referral because she is in network. I had my consult 3 weeks after i made the appt, and then surgery 3 months and 2 days after that. it was a quick & relatively easy process for me, however i have heard that its tougher now becauce more people know about Dr Hruska! My daughter's pediatrician told me yesterday that Dr Hruska isnt taking any new patients until June!
Darla S.
on 5/3/04 2:53 am - Trenton, TN
I also have TennCare Blue Care. I was approved pretty quickly.
Most Active
Recent Topics