Good Morning!

wannabe an 8.
on 4/28/04 8:32 am - knoxville, TN
William, I was just going to post this today and ask about pre -op diets. Lots of good thoughts for you!!!! You are on your way now?? What is this diet to acomplish? Lap? What will the clear liquid do? Does it assure a lap? Hope i am not being to nosey!!!! Michelle
T H.
on 4/28/04 8:55 pm - NH
Hi Michelle, Thank you for your positive thoughts, I can definitely use all of it I can get. The diet was prescribed by my doctor prior to surgery to hopefully increase my chances of a laproscopic procedure rather than open. My surgeon has told me that there is really no way for them to tell until they get you on the table for sure and that even if they did the entire operation lap and there was bleeding that needed to be stopped or other complications he might have to revert to open. I am hoping that this is not the case and trying to keep a positive outlook but I trust my surgeon that he will do what's best for me overall. You are not being nosey in the least! I think that it's only through sharing information that we can truly learn about this stuff beforehand as there is so much what I consider propoganda that can mislead people. If I have learned anything from this group it's that everyone's experience is individually unique to some degree but those who already blazed the trail can tell us things to avoid or to proceed with caution. You ask all the questions you have and I am sure that someone will try and give you a good answer! Have a great day! 6 days and counting ...
Most Active
Recent Topics