Good Morning!

T H.
on 4/27/04 9:52 pm - NH
Top of the morning to everyone! Hope everyone has a good day today ... Please hold some positive thoughts as I am on day 4 of my doctor ordered 10 days clear liquid regimen and struggling ... But I am determined to power through and make it as pre-admit is today and surgery is 7 days away! Take care!
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/27/04 11:02 pm - Crossville, TN
Good Morning! Wow, I'm so proud of you hon!! You're almost there!! Good luck at your pre-admit appointment today, hope everything goes well. Talk to you soon, Katie
T H.
on 4/28/04 8:57 pm - NH
Thanks, Katie! As always I have appreciated your support and encouragement! I'm hanging in there! Speak with you soon ...
debradenby
on 4/28/04 1:44 am - Baxter, TN
10 days of clear liquids what does that mean is this normal ?
T H.
on 4/28/04 3:31 am - NH
Debra, Never fear, my doctor wanted to do this to reduce my size and BMI to make laproscopic more of an option for me as this is what I would prefer, so it is a positive thing; just tough to go without "actual food". Usually the clear liquid diet is only one day prior to surgery and then for a short period post-op. My diet consist of: chicken/beef broth sugar free popcicles (no red, no purple and no fudgecicles) Water Isopure Zero Carb Sports Clear Sugar Free Beverages such as tea, lemonade, kool-aid Jello (again, no red no purple) The red and the purple may be the heaviest in dye. I like the peach and orange jello myself. Just not a lot of variety to sustain a person for 10 days so it's probably more mental than anything else ... Only 7 more days until surgery
Candik2
on 4/28/04 4:07 am - South Central, TN
William YOU CAN DO IT! Stay strong buddy, you are such an inspiration to me whether you know it or not. I love to see your posts, even when you're struggling I can see your strength. Keep up the fight, it will SOOOO be worth it in the long run! Just think 7 more days till FREEDOM!!!!! Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, sending you some strength to help you in this coming week! TTYS Candi
T H.
on 4/28/04 9:04 pm - NH
Thank you Candi, that is very nice. I greatly appreciate the support, kind words and the "fairy wishes"!!! Just all of the encouragement is very helpful, thank you very very much! I am definitely hanging in there although maybe getting a bit squirrely from all this liquid But, I know it's a positive thing and it'll all be ok ... Got pre-admitted yesterday, 6 days and counting!
Debbie D.
on 4/28/04 5:24 am - Cookeville, TN
thanks for the heads up good luck too you
Brandi7920
on 4/28/04 4:09 am - Nashville, TN
We are cheering for you! You will be post-op before you know it! Congrats on your surgery date. I was on liquids for a total of 21 days, so I know just how you feel. My advice to you, is to try to avoid commercials when you can. (The restaurant commercials are torture!) Best of Luck on your journey to the other side!!! Brandi-- (2/16/04 -65 lbs.)
T H.
on 4/28/04 9:10 pm - NH
Brandi, I thought the same thing :rotfl: I almost created a game running from taco bell commercials the other night. I think when you do this you begin to realize how many food commericals there are and how much people talk about food (what they had for dinner, etc). Wow, 21 days ... I totally bow to you ability to do that! Thank you for the cheers and good wishes! Looks like you are well on your way too! Congratulations! Have a great day!
Most Active
Recent Topics