New here and looking for a good surgeon

Jaz S.
on 4/25/04 10:54 am - Piney Flats, TN
Hi Everyone I was told by a friend that I would have to look outside of TN to find an experienced lap-BAND surgeon. I sure hope that's not the case. I live in the Tri-Cities and can not find one on my own. Does anyone here know of a really good surgeon? Thank you for letting me come aboard Jaz
tinyTNgirl
on 4/25/04 1:14 pm - TN
Hiya Jaz and welcome! My friend Candi, who is also a member here, is planning to use a Dr. Morton in Nashville. I believe she said he only does the lap band. Its the newest method in the US so the surgeons are harder to find. Also, from what I'm hearing on the boards, most insurances wont cover the lap band. Best of luck to you in your journey! Keep us posted. God bless!! Melanie
Jaz S.
on 4/25/04 8:49 pm - Piney Flats, TN
Thank you for the reply Melanie Jaz
Candik2
on 4/26/04 2:13 pm - South Central, TN
Hey Jaz, Like Mel said Dr. Morton is the surgeon I am going with. He is an experienced surgeon who's practice is soley dedicated to the lapband. Although the lapband has only been available in the US for the last 3 years, it is the #1 WLS performed in Europe. He has a monthly seminar which you have to attend before you can get your consult & his next one is in Nashville on May 11th, which I will be there w/bells on! So, hopefully this is helpful. I'm not sure how much research you've done on the lapband, but the lapband forum has tons of answers if you need them, or I'd love to answer anything I can. Good luck! Hope this helps. The bandstalker Candi
Jaz S.
on 4/26/04 11:50 pm - Piney Flats, TN
Hi Candi, And thank you for the good information. Do you know if your doctor has a website? I will be living in Bristol and don't know how many hours a drive that would be. Thanks again, Jaz
Most Active
Recent Topics