Insurance info

Sandra Y.
on 4/22/04 4:21 am - Robbins, TN
Has anyone been approved for WLS by United HealthCare through Norfolk Southern Railroad?
wannabe an 8.
on 4/24/04 11:30 pm - knoxville, TN
Nopey Not me .... Sorry i was not any help
tinyTNgirl
on 4/25/04 5:13 am - TN
Hi Sandra. I have BCBS federal. I called the 800 # on the back of my card and asked them what the criteria was to have WLS. The very nice representative told me their only requirement was that I be 100 lbs or more overweight. I got that licked! She was very nice and even wished me luck in my journey to loserville. The surgeons office i'm going to also stated that BCBS would cover me no problem. I only pray shes right. My consult is Thursday! YEAH!!!!! Melanie
Sandra Y.
on 4/25/04 7:18 am - Robbins, TN
My insurance gave me that same info, but then told me that some employers have the WLS excluded from their policy. So, now I'm playing the waiting game. My consult was April13th with Dr. Husted in Nashville. Yeah, I have the 100 lbs. limit and >40 BMI more than covered. Thanks fro the reply. The TN board is very slow. We're supposed to be friendlier than that, being from the south.LOL Sandra
CAMFR
on 4/25/04 7:54 pm - MEMPHIS, TN
I had BC BS FED also and it was a piece of cake. They paid for everything with no questions asked. I did have a problem with my psych consult but it was the doctor and not BC. They had to send a patient rep to his office to MAKE him file it correctly so I could get my money back. NEVER TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck on your surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics