Pre-Admit Payment Questions

T H.
on 4/16/04 7:25 am - NH
Greetings everyone! I am winding down to the day (05/05) and have just received a letter from Centennial with my portion of the bill. I can understand paying the 10% (my insurer pays 90% after max out of pocket is met) for my surgeon as it is a "fixed" cost but how can the hospital know what services that I will incur until my release? I guess I am a little confused and somewhat reticent to pay up front without knowing what I am truly responsible financially. I put a call into one of the financial counselors as they have been great at answering my questions but I am just curious as to if this was typical procedure or should I speak to someone. As it stands, looks like about $1250 at time of pre-admission (which is a small portion I know) but I wasn't sure if this is something that is routinely asked and people say "uh no ..." or do I just need to go with the flow here? Not trying to make waves just want to be able to settle my medical debts in one relative swoop as opposed to bill****her and yon trickling in if possible. Any feedback from the crowd?
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/17/04 1:17 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi! I don't know alot about the pre-pay stuff but it seems to me they take care of that during your Pre-Op appointment. The reason I say this is because when I had my surgery - They did all the paper that day and told me to go straight to floor 2 for my surgery on surgery day. However, if I were you - I'd call the doctor office and just talk to them about it or prehaps they'll just send you a bill, which would probably be easier for everyone around. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs, Katie
T H.
on 4/17/04 1:50 pm - NH
As usual, thanks for your input Katie! I have always just used my EOB as a method to ensure I am paying the proper amount. I can see the surgeon fee which is most likely fixed, but the hospital seems like it could be variable. I'll probably just take you advice and follow-up this week before my pre-op appointment. Thanks again and take care! Hope you are doing well! Speak to you soon ...
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/17/04 2:38 pm - Crossville, TN
No problem darlin! I just can't believe your day is coming around the corner so fast! I'm so excited for you! Hope everything gets taken care of and they don't give you a bunch of trouble. Ick. However, I'm just peachy! About to go take my 2nd nap of the day! LOL! Hugs, Katie P.S. How do you get the smiley's on your posts?
T H.
on 4/18/04 5:16 am - NH
If you look to the right of the text area when making a reply, there is a drop down tool box that has message emoticons. If the drop the list it will give you the tag to enter for the emoticon such as "dance" (without the quotes and a colon on each side) produces ...
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/18/04 8:06 am - Crossville, TN
Testing....
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/18/04 8:11 am - Crossville, TN
Hehe. I did it! WooHoo! Thanks darlin! *Hugs*
Carrie W.
on 4/19/04 9:44 am - Big Sandy, Tn
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/19/04 12:00 pm - Crossville, TN
Ohhh who you sticking your tongue out at, Carrie? Oh and Mr. Holden - Sorry for ruining your post!! I hope you got your answer about your bill! :shurg: Talk to you soon!
Carrie W.
on 4/21/04 7:52 am - Big Sandy, Tn
I was just testing the little face thingys sorry if I offended anyone.
Most Active
Recent Topics