Just getting started

VFLOYD
on 4/15/04 1:35 am - HOLLY SPRINGS, MS
I called Memphis Surgury Assoc. yesterday and requested a information pkg. I also call my medical provider Cigna HMO and asked if the surgury was covered and I was told "if the surgury is medically necessary it will be at 100%". It sound to simple.. Can any tell me approx. how long of a process it is from the begining to end?
catina S.
on 4/15/04 2:32 am - South, TN
Well it has only taken me about 2 months to complete the testing and approval process. My surgery is now scheduled on 05/03/04.
Rachel M.
on 4/15/04 6:04 am - Nashville, TN
i had my surgeon consult 11/25/03 and surgery 2/27/04, so exactly 3 months from beginning to surgery. I didnt need a referral tho to see my surgeon since she is in network (tenncare select, dr hruska!) ive read on this board from people waiting a few months for their consult with Dr Hruska now.. i only had to wait (less than!) 3 weeks. She is a fabulous surgeon and id recommend her to *anyone*!
TraumaRN
on 4/15/04 7:29 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Which doctor in Memphis are you planning on going with? Sounds like Dr. Madan. Have you researched him and his success rate yet?
VFLOYD
on 4/15/04 11:37 pm - HOLLY SPRINGS, MS
My best friend is a nurse at St. Francis, she has not had the surgury but several nurses she know has.. Dr. Virginia McGrath. I'm not sure is Dr. Maden works out of the same office. I've heard nothing but good things about Dr. McGrath. Any information anyone can provide will be really appreciated..
Most Active
Recent Topics