hi - new to this board!

Rachel M.
on 4/13/04 11:00 pm - Nashville, TN
hi im new to this board. my name is rachel, im a 28 yr old mother of 2 in Smyrna! I ahd Open RNY 2/27/04. My surgeon is Dr Lindy Hruska and my insurance in Tenncare Select. I am 6 1/2 weeks out now and starting to feel somewhat normal finally. I didnt have any complications, but had a rotten recovery. I just felt awful. I was really unprepared for the aftermath of surgery. Ive never had surgery before, so i really didnt appreciate all the warnings lol. When i was 2-4 weeks postop i was horribly sick. I felt like i had a constant stomach bug. Dry heaving, nausea (no vommitting tho!). It was awful. I called Judy at Dr hruska's office and she brought me right in. Dr Hruska (and Judy!!) was so wonderful.. she seemed genuinely upset for me that i felt so awful and gave me prescriptions of zofran and reglan and they both helped tremendously! I also was very confused about what I could and couldnt eat at this point (4 weeks postop) so she sat down and went over everything with me. I was feeling better immediatley, that day! I could eat food (tiny bites, but food!) and the medicine took away the naseau and dry heaves. As of now I have lost 38 lbs in 6 1/2 weeks. I started out at 270. Im looking foward to getting BELOW 200!! 199 is my magic number lol My ultimate goal is to be below 160, but ill be satisfied to get to 175. I dont excercise like i should, and sometimes i dont get in enough protein. But im doing my best. I havent been to any support meetings, but was thinking i should go to one closer to me at least. I wish there was one here or in Murfreesboro! well, thats it for now!
T H.
on 4/14/04 4:32 am - NH
Hi Rachel, I am a pre-op in Murfreesboro. Surgery is on 05/05. There are supporting meetings at the Shoney's in Smyrna every 4th Saturday. The next one is 04/24. I am going to do my best to attend if possible to get hooked until a local group for my recovery period. Just wanted to say welcome!
Rachel M.
on 4/14/04 4:59 am - Nashville, TN
william - thanks for the info!! what time are the meetings? thats right around the corner from me so i could totally be there!
T H.
on 4/14/04 9:16 pm - NH
I want to say that they are at 10 a.m. I'll check my paperwork when I get home today and if any different I will email another reply.
Most Active
Recent Topics