Question about TennCare Select

debradenby
on 4/13/04 2:31 am - Baxter, TN
I just got assigned my case Manager but then I was just reading on this sight and someone said they have to pay for a program fee (3,000) so I called the Dr. office (Dr Boyce) and they confermed it. So now I have to find a new Dr. any suggestions (other then learn to spell lol)
Eva O.
on 4/13/04 5:04 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hello Debra, my name is Eva and i am just starting my journey to i don't have a case manager yet, i have called today and had to leave a message so i hope they will call me back if not i will call again.My DR. did send me to a DR HUERTA and HAMILTON in Dickson TN. and they do take the TENNCARE SELECT i have not seen them yet.I am going to the semenar this Thurs. nite. But i wanted to have the adjustable lap band surgery and he does not do it thier in Dickson. So i hope i can find a DR.that does ALB and take my insurance.Well good luck to you and God bless.And i pray that we both have the luck we need on our journeys.Please email me or post if you find any info. BYE EVA [email protected]:thumdsup:
Rachel M.
on 4/13/04 10:43 pm - Nashville, TN
i have Tenncare Select and I had my surgery 2/27/04. Getting a case manager is the best thing you can do in your WLS journey approval process! For surgery, I used Dr Lindy Hruska in Clarksville. She is IN NETWORK, I didnt even need a referral from my PCP or an approval to see her. She likes you to have had your dietary consult and psych consult BEFORE your consult, also the sleep study if you can get it done. If not, her office will schedule one for you!! Once you have had the 3 things done, they will request an approval. I had them send the request to my Case manager. She approved it as soon as she received the fax (which was 2 days later, because she had been out of the office!) I had a surgery date the following business day. My Tenncare Select case manager and Dr Hruska's office KNOW what they are doing. Looking back, it was a very easy process for me and I wish you all the best of luck that you are approved easily too!
Rachel M.
on 4/13/04 10:45 pm - Nashville, TN
One more thing... I THINK Dr Steely is also taking tenncare Select. he shares an office with dr hruska, and he saw me in the hospital - very nice guy. He is starting to do a Lap surgery now i believe...dr hruska is only doing Open RNY right now. I cant say enogh wonderful things about these 2 surgeons and their office staff!
Julie G.
on 4/25/04 12:42 pm - Lebanon, TN
Debra, I had the same problem. So I called TennCare Select and asked them for a case manager. They told me that Dr. Lindy Hruska takes our insurance. Her phone number is 931-552-0380 and she is in Clarksville. Dr. Steely does NOT take TennCare Select. I talked to him personally and he said he won't take it but Dr. Hruska does. She does not have that doctors program fee that you are talking about. Good luck. Julie [email protected]
debradenby
on 4/26/04 12:06 am - Baxter, TN
thank you all I think I'll shoot for Dr. Husted in Nashville becouse he does the DS that's what I'm wanting done. Dr. Husted does take TennCare Select but he's out of area though. I't will just take more time to get him and their is a posibility I won't so then I'll go for Dr. Hruska. Thanks again I just love this sight. wish I could do that
Most Active
Recent Topics