BCBS of TN thru Hudson Valley Staff

Qty Liz
on 4/13/04 12:15 am - Nashville, TN
Anyone in here by any chance dealt with BCBS (PPO) of TN thru Hudson Valley Staff? My hubby just lost his job so we lost coverage thru United Health Care, PPO. My paperwork had already been sent - I was just waiting for a response from them! I was so bummed out, but its ok now. I'm actually now going to use Vanderbilt Univ. Med. Ctr...and I have my appointment set for next month with my surgeon! Woo-Hoo! So, everything worked it self out for now at least! So, I'm just curious to see if anyone had problems with BCBS of TN (PPO) so that I can be ready for the "fight"! LOL
CarolynInHuntsville
on 4/13/04 3:33 am - Alabama, AL
Even if your husband lost his job, you have a legal right to maintain your insurance through COBRA for quiet a while. You have to pay the premium but if you were already in the approval stages...it may be worth it.
Linda R.
on 4/19/04 6:28 am - maryville, tn
Hello! I'm new to this message board. I don't have BCBS thru Hudson Valley I'm not use what type of place that is is it state run? I work for UT Hospital in Knoxville, I have BCBS PPO State of Tn and it has been one run around after the other. Everyone I talked to told me something different at BCBS to make a long story short the State of TN has it's own plan and for the most part go along with BCBS but because BSBC only manages the Ins plan for the State the state can make changes when they want. Well it seems no one at BSBC knows that...I have found out I have to be on a Dr supervised diet for 6 months and failed to lose 10% of my body weight and keep it off that's the hard part the other of course is a BMI )40 or 100 lbs over weight or BMI )30 with co morbidities. I have made it to my last month and I go to my PCP Wed this week to get my refferal and documented weight loss attempt.Well I have rambled on sorry I'm just getting excited.... Good luck !!!
Most Active
Recent Topics