2 questions! :-)

ShrinkingKatie
on 4/11/04 10:27 pm - Crossville, TN
1 - Does anyone have that dry mouth thing going on after surgery? If so, how did you get rid of it? Its driving me crazy!! 2 - In my diet I'm allowed to have Sugar-Free Sherbert but yet I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've found plenty of the "fat free" though. Thanks for reading! Any suggestions would be wonderful! Hugs, Katie
Candik2
on 4/11/04 11:07 pm - South Central, TN
Hey Katie, As far as dry mouth I really couldn't tell you b/c I haven't had the surgery yet, but I know for a fact there are several sherberts out there. If you go to Super Wal-Mart there is some sherbert pops made by Blue Bunny I think, that are made w/Splenda. Also there is some stuff called Le Carb, it's lemon flavored it's pretty good. But I know there are several things out there made w/Splenda so good luck & keep us updated on your progress! Candi
CarolynInHuntsville
on 4/12/04 5:27 am - Alabama, AL
Katie....don't know if this will help you or not. Yesterday in the Super Wal-Mart, I found Carb Freedom Flavors by Blue Bunny. Here's the link to the information about them. http://www.bluebunny.com/products/carbfreedom.cfm Here is a link to the Blue Bunny products sweetened with Splenda: http://www.bluebunny.com/promotions/splenda.cfm If I come up with any solid leads on Sugar Free Sherbert, I will let you know.
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/12/04 6:38 pm - Crossville, TN
Thanks Ya'll!! I'm starting to think there's no such thing as "Sugar Free" sherbert. I'll check a few more grocery stores even know I don't want any part of them! LOL! But gosh I'd kill for some Pineapple sherbert... grrr!! Thanks for the advice!!! Hugs, Katie
CarolynInHuntsville
on 4/13/04 3:34 am - Alabama, AL
Katie--I have looked around the Huntsville area and have never seen sugar free sherbert. Somewhere I was looking on-line gave a receipe for a home made sugar free sherbert. I could try to find that again if you think you may want to make your own.
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/13/04 8:32 pm - Crossville, TN
Thanks Carolyn - But I don't think I want to be in the kitchen making anything. Not trying to be lazy or anything, just don't want to be around the food. I'll check wal-mart next time I'm there though. -Katie
CarolynInHuntsville
on 4/14/04 1:54 am - Alabama, AL
I certianly think I could understand your not wanting to be around food a lot right now! How are you feeling since your surgery? Hope you are doing well!
kimmietn
on 4/14/04 4:02 am - Maryville, TN
Katie, Dry mouth is a very common problem post op from any surgery. I had severe dry mouth for almost 4 months post op. I never went anywhere without a water bottle and took sips to assist all day long. I also used (SPARINGLY) sugar free mints to help. I bought sugar free sherbert or look for SF yogurt at Walmart in Cookeville when I went to visit my Mom. KimmieTN@Goal
Most Active
Recent Topics