Doctors office wont cooperate

goatswife
on 4/8/04 9:44 pm - Nashville, TN
I have been waiting 2 weeks for my Dr.s office to call and schedule a sleep study, and another test unrelated to WLS. Does scheduling a sleep study take half a day or something? Isn't it just a matter of picking up the phone, and making a 2 minute call??? Well so sad for them, because today is Friday, and I'm off, and they open in 2 hours and 17 minutes, and I am gonna be camped on their doorstep, hell, I'll even dial the *(&^&*^ number for them!!!! VENT VENT VENT VENT....ok, I feel better now..........
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/8/04 11:00 pm - Crossville, TN
Hmm sleep studies DO take time to schedule because they have to make sure there's a bed, nurses, and etc. there waiting for you when you get to the hospital the night of the study. It's not an easy process. Give them a break - Your not the only patient they have.
goatswife
on 4/9/04 9:02 pm - Nashville, TN
Katie, Thanks for the wake up call. Of course I really thought that I AM their only patient. And, to add to my frustration, they were supposed to schedule another test for me (unrelated to the WLS, a mamogram) THREE weeks ago, and haven't gotten that done. I have 3 co-workers that have had WLS and they said when they had their sleep study scheduled, there was nothing to it, just a phone call made right there in their presence. BUT, good news, when I got home from the grocery Friday morning, there was a message from them to return their call. Now, that call came in at 9:00 am, and I returned the call at 9:47 am, and they were gone for the weekend!!! Guess since I AM their ONLY patient, they figured "she's not home, we can leave!"...ya think? KUDOS to you for wanting to learn ASL. I work for the state, and my position is that of Assistant to the states Executive Director for the Tennessee Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing. There is several ASL classes available accross the state. If you would like, I could help find an upcoming class close to you.
missdjv B.
on 4/8/04 11:40 pm - clarksville, tn
2 weeks can seem like an eternity when youre waiting for this life-changing surgery. I hope you can get some answers today. Hang in there! ..BTW, who IS your Doc?
Robin L.
on 4/9/04 2:55 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Do you have insurance that requires a referral? If not, you might want to try Dr. Haynes in Nashville. He's at Saint Thomas Hospital. I live in Murfreesboro, and was going to have to wait until May to have my initial consult done at MTMC. I called Dr. Haynes' office, and they got me in with a consult within 3-4 days, and then I scheduled my overnight sleep study within a week from that. Just give them a call yourself... 615-385-1946. If you do need a referral, you might still want to call them, and get everything scheduled, then call your PCP and ask them to get you a referral sent to them before your appointment. Make sure he takes your insurance first thing. Hope it works out. Let us know... Best of luck. Robin
Candik2
on 4/10/04 2:34 pm - South Central, TN
Hi, I work for an orthopaedic surgeon & let me tell you when they take that long to set up a test it's a problem w/the office. Call & ask to speak to the office manager next time something like that happens & maybe that will light a fire under their butts, or better yet ask to speak to the doctor himself. Although they probably won't let you at least it will get their attention. Good luck! Candi
CarolynInHuntsville
on 4/11/04 11:44 am - Alabama, AL
If they won't let you speak with the physician...schedule and appoinment and go in to see him....then tell him you are there to see him because you could not get cooperation from his office staff. That will light more than one fire.
DixieFlower
on 4/10/04 9:53 pm - Chattanooga, TN
I know my sleep study took a while to schedule because my PCP's office had to find a nurologist that took my insurance. I had to go to the nurologist to get the sleep study it wasn't something that my PCP's office could schedule. They could only schedule the nurologist appointment. It took me about 2weeks to get into the nurologist and from there I wasn't able to schedule an appt until two months later (this was the first available sleep study date)Wish you the best.
Eva O.
on 4/12/04 4:59 am - Thompson Station, TN
HI Augusta, sorry the other post was ment for Rebecka. Eva
tinyTNgirl
on 4/15/04 2:07 pm - TN
Hiya Carol. Hopefully your issue has resolved. If not, I work for a 5 physician family practice and do all the referals for our practice. We have a simple, one page form to complete and fax to our hospitals scheduling office. They then contact the patient on the same day and schedule the tests. They will let me know if an insurance requires a referral, which again is just a one page form to be filled out. I do this all day every day. It should never take weeks to get a test scheduled! Best of luck to you dear! Melanie
Most Active
Recent Topics