Looking for some positivity!

T H.
on 4/6/04 10:04 pm - NH
Just a vent really ... Date scheduled for 05/05/2004 and the jitters have not really set in yet but due to my BMI, my surgeon wants clearance from a cardiologist and pulmanologist. These visits make me uptight. I would hate to think after receiving a date and getting mentally prepared that I might be unable to have surgery. I know that this is in my best interests to ensure that I am in a condition to handle the stress of surgery (as I know I have a slightly enlarged heart due to blood pressure per a previous EKG). Just seeking some prior experiences of others or some positive reinforcement I guess. I have to honestly say that this group has helped restore a good deal of my faith in people somewhat as I spent so much time avoiding people due to my size and became somewhat distrustful of people. I have to be thankful to all of you for that and the kind sentiments on my support page! 28 days and counting ... Todd
ShrinkingKatie
on 4/7/04 7:48 pm - Crossville, TN
Hi Todd! First off - Congrats about finally getting a surgery date!! You'll do wonderful - Trust your doctor and don't listen to any of the nurses suggestions, if you have a question about ANYTHING -- ASK YOUR DOCTOR!! (I ran in to this problem when I had MY surgery 3 weeks ago) Second off - To keep your mind off how many days you have left, you should start collecting the things you'll need when you get home from the hospital because you shouldn't be driving or going anywhere for atleast 2 weeks. I recommend you get a ice crusher that makes icees because it helps get tha****er/crystal light in during those times you don't want to drink anything. You can get one at wal-mart for like $20 bucks! I also recommend you get some sugar free popsicles, crystal light, sugar free kool-aid, chicken broth, tea and or Coffee, splenda, and lots of sugar free jello! I do recommend you get all sorts of flavors even if you don't like it now, you might actually like it after surgery -- Strange I know!! Ohhh and don't forget to take some before pictures -- You'll want them at a later date!! Congrats again!! Good Luck!! And keep us posted!!! Hugs, Katie
Candik2
on 4/8/04 7:42 am - South Central, TN
Hey Todd, I know that these tests & appointments may seem scary & like a potential road block to your surgery but the whole point of having this surgery is to better your health right? So you want to start out on the right foot, so get your butt to those doctors & get those ok's that you know you're gonna get. Just look at it as one more step closer to the healthy person you want to be & not as a stumbling block. Good luck & keep us posted on your results. Candi
Starwatcher
on 4/13/04 7:50 am - Galveston, TX
I agree, Todd, a lot of us, including me had to go through the tests.. start doing those deep breaths and holding them.. exercise your lungs.. if you are afraid of the pulmonary tests.. and I don't know what you might do for your heart.. but just keep those positive thoughts going and don't let it worry you.. reading your profile.. it looks to me like you are a whole lot closer than you were when you began writing. WOW.. just keep going .. you'll make it fine!! Jan
Most Active
Recent Topics