Getting started...

TraumaRN
on 4/1/04 12:45 pm - COVINGTON, TN
Well....I just got the paperwork in the mail from Dr. Madan. I was impressed just with the paperwork and the information that was provided to me in the hard cover notebook. It even says I have to take a written test about gastric bypass and answer all of the questions correctly to even be considered for the surgery. As a nurse, it takes a lot for a physician to impress me. I have asked around about him and his techniques and such. I spoke with a surgeon in the hospital that I work in and he told me that if I want to have the surgery done in Memphis then Dr. Madan is the way to go. I also have spoken with nurses that have worked with him in the OR....they say that he is technically the "best" , but is very demanding to his OR staff. I can deal with his demanding behavior as long as his behavior with me is ok. Talking to residents at the hospital they tell me that his bedside manner is wonderful. That he treats his patients very well and is very concerned with their wellbeing at all times. I am still unsure of which surgery I want to have but all of that will come when I fully investigate all avenues and see what is going to be best for myself and my family. It is just exciting to finally get the paperwork going and atleast get that done. I am hoping to hear from him soon to let me know when and where I need to get all the pre-testing done so that I can be on my way to a thinner, healthier me.
T H.
on 4/2/04 9:19 am - NH
Anne, Congratulations on starting your journey. I am about 30 days away from my surgery date presently and did a lot of investigating before I got here myself. This is a great place to find support and answers from people who have experienced a lot of the emotions and questions that everyone seems to have. I was totally overwhelmed at the emails from strangers encouraging me, giving me kind words and keeping me in their thoughts that I received when I posted my date. I wish you all the positives I can and hope if you decide to do this that you have a speedy and kind recovery.
rhonda B.
on 4/3/04 12:25 pm - memphis, tn
Hi Anne, Congrats on your decision to get started. The great people on this board will you give alot of support along with myself. I wish you well on your journey. Rhonda
Eva O.
on 4/13/04 5:22 am - Thompson Station, TN
Hello Anne, My name is Eva Ortiz, and frist good luck in making your deceision and with your surgery.I am just starting my journey also and am having a bit of a problem trying to find a surgeon that does the adjustable lap band and that will take my insurance Tenncare Select(blue cross and blue shield of Tenn.) I live about 25 miles from Nashville so of course that would be the best place to go, i don't why a lot of the DRS. don't want to do the lap band,but for me i think it is the best not so invacive not spelled right sorry.well good luck to and God bless and please post if you know of any info that i could use or be helpfull. thanks Eva
Most Active
Recent Topics