Surgeons in East TN doing open RNY

Faye M.
on 3/29/04 6:30 am - Knoxville, TN
Hello everybody...I have fell into an insurance trap and need some help finding DR's in the East TN area doing OPEN RNY. I had my initial consult scheduled and find that my two insurance companies, John Deere Select and Tri-Care Prime, have changed their MO regarding referrals. JDS has made it extremely difficult to qualify (and I understand they are writing an exclusionary clause eff: July 1) and Tri-Care Prime will only approve for OPEN RNY even though they approved Lap also up til this point. I guess that was too safe and they wanted the riskier procedure?? Anyone with recommends in Johnson City or Kingsport please reply. Thanks, Faye
DixieFlower
on 3/29/04 10:26 am - Chattanooga, TN
Faye I don't know of any personally but you might want to check out the surgeons list on this website they have it broke down by state and then city and also list what procedure the surgeon does. Also just because it says RNY LAP doesn't mean that surgeon only does it LAP call and see. My surgeon does RNY open and for some reason it has her listed as LAP. Hope this helps you out. Best luck and wishes. Augusta
Debra F.
on 3/29/04 10:29 pm - Dover, TN
Unless you are afraid to travel why not check out www.ccfos.com as I found them to be perfect and they do the surgery you are looking for. Good Luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics