Hi all

DixieFlower
on 3/26/04 1:18 am - Chattanooga, TN
I want to thank everyone for their kind words and thoughts. Especially for my Unofficial "Angel" MissDJV. Im so glad that she kept everyone updated. I did very well during recovery except of course on the day they decided to discharge me (3/22/04) before they even started the discharge papers I got nausous and my bloodpressure plumeted. Ester (my RN) was absolutely awesome. I was so ready to go home even with all that going on but she called Dr.Hruska's office and her and Leigh Ann decided it best that I stay another night considering the long trip home that I had. When she came into tell me their decission I started to cry but now I know it was the best thing. Right now I am at my nephew's school I decided that if I stayed home Id be too tempted to climb right back into bed but here I can get online, help with the lunch stuff (which is cool since the food smells good but I am by no means hungry), I also get to walk errands and stuff. Well I will catch you all later and again many thanks
CarolynInHuntsville
on 3/26/04 4:30 am - Alabama, AL
Congrats on your successful surgery! I wish I had the courage to do it!!!! Glad you are feeling better and at home now. Weren't you and Katie having surgery at the same hospital with the same doctor? I think her surgery was the 23rd. Did you happen to see or hear how she is doing?
lisageo
on 3/26/04 5:31 am - Murfreesboro, TN
I am glad to hear you are doing well and I am sure it was good that they caught your blood pressure when they did. I just received my three referrals that is required by Dr. Hruska. I go for my nutrional consult April 8th, my pysch eval April 12, and my Sleep Study May 27th. Do you know how long it takes to get in to see Dr. Hruska after I get all these done? I was hoping around summer that would be easier on me with our children and my husband will be on vacation then I think. Again, congradulations on you coming home! lisa
DixieFlower
on 3/29/04 12:05 am - Chattanooga, TN
Actually Dr.Hruska let me set up a consult before I had all of those things done. I only had the psych eval and dietician consult done when I went ahead and made a consult appointment with her. Im not sure what her wait is now but when I did it the wait was little less than a month. She just wants all of those things done before she goes to the insurance for approval. Makes the approval way easier if she has "all her ducks in a line".
lisageo
on 3/29/04 1:41 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Thank you all your information has been helpful. I have already scheduled consult with her on July 20th. That should be plenty of time after my sleep study, psych eval and nutritional consult. I just called and they were pretty nice. Thanks again. lisa
missdjv B.
on 3/27/04 5:15 am - clarksville, tn
Augusta I am so glad you are doing great! Will you be up here for the 2 week checkup? Maybe HOPEFULLY I can finally meet ya; keeps us updated, sweetie..
DixieFlower
on 3/29/04 12:07 am - Chattanooga, TN
I will be up there April 1st but TNCare is providing the transportation so the only place I can go is to the Dr's office.
Debra F.
on 3/29/04 10:36 pm - Dover, TN
Congrats Augusta on your surgery and I am praying for a speedy recovery for you. Lisa, Call and get an appointment now or it will be fall before you see her. She is the only doctor in Clarksville that takes TennCare and is very busy. If you wish, check out www.ccfos.com as it is my doctor and I have TC Select with a surgery date this friday for the duodenal switch as no one else in Tenn. does it. But Dr. Husted has done over 900 surgeries and is just an amazing Dr. (cute too) Good luck, Debra
lisageo
on 3/30/04 5:00 am - Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks I have already got an appointment for consultation July 20th with Dr. Hruska Lisa
missdjv B.
on 3/30/04 5:40 am - clarksville, tn
hey, youre in Great hands Debra! Dr H did my DS..Good luck to ya!
Most Active
Recent Topics