raising money to get surgery

mary H.
on 3/21/04 7:12 pm - chattanooga, TN
i have went through denial after denial with my insurance (companies) and still no luck.so for all of us *****ally cant do anything else but save our nickles and dimes,i wondered if there are 200 people willing to help raise the money for my surgery.this could be an easy way for so many of us to help each other that have no other means left to get our surgery.i dont know about you all but i think i could afford to donate 100.00 every month or so for this cause.every one help each other.i need 200 people to donate 100.00 each and i will be able to pay for my surgery. after that the next person starts and each of us donate 100.00 to them and so on.each person would only have to donate 100.00 a month to someone and sooner or later we can all start living a better life.so let me know what you think and can you help me.this is not a scam and i am willing to inform you step by step on how this goes and maybe we can all help each other without such a big debt to our finances. my name is mary higgins 4902 guild trail chattanooga tn.37409 please help save my life and i will return the favor every month with my 100.00 donation to someone else in my same situation.wish me luck and everyone please remember me in there prayers.lets see what will happen.
missdjv B.
on 3/21/04 11:34 pm - clarksville, tn
Mary, I understand you are very frustrated...There have been a few people who had websites that told their story and had a "donation" section set up from paypal, and I donated what I could then that way. It wasnt much but with hundreds of others donating from all over the world, they all were able to have surgery...One fella even sent out a CD he'd made (he was a lovely singer at his church) with every donation. Money is so tight everywhere, and 100.00 is alot all at once, but maybe theres others who could help the other way?...Where there is a will, there is a way; best of luck to you and i am sorry I could not help. Dont give up on your dream.
CarolynInHuntsville
on 3/22/04 12:13 am - Alabama, AL
First question would be---if you are a GOOD candidate for the surgery, on what basis is insurance denying you. Second---have you had a lawyer look into this matter. Third--Not positive of the name of it, but isn't there an organization to help people pay for surgery when they can not pay it themselves? I belive it may be called the "Butterfly Society." Good Luck
CarolynInHuntsville
on 3/22/04 12:29 am - Alabama, AL
OK....I was close, it is the Monarch Society. Here is their website info: http://www.bariatricwellnessinstitute.com/monarch.html
mary H.
on 3/22/04 2:01 am - chattanooga, TN
yes i am an excellent canidate.i am 268 with bmi of 43 with sleep ap,hyperten,arthritis,joint pain,and a hernia, i have united health care and it is a policy exclusion and i have contacted walter lindstrom the best obesity attorney says i cant fight it,also checked the monark society dont know how to get help from them...any suggestions?
CarolynInHuntsville
on 3/22/04 3:34 am - Alabama, AL
Your profile is very vague and gives little background on you. Is your UHC through YOUR employer?
Most Active
Recent Topics