Does anyone have John Deere TN care?

susann3333
on 3/17/04 8:40 am - griffin, ga
Has anyone had any luck getting approval for an out of network provider with John Deere TNcare? They only have 2 in network bariatric surgeons and of course they have long waiting lists.
Timothy P.
on 3/18/04 12:36 am - Franklin, TN
I don't want to sound mean but I have waited for two years. What is your hurry? Are you prepared to pay up to $5,000+ for your surgery? That may be what you will be required to pay if going out of network to get WLS done. I suggest you sit still and wait out the approved surgeons. Also, get your ducks in a row. You will need to proof up the following to get a quick pre-approval: 1) Diet history in the past five years? 2) Weight history in the past five years? 3) Are you currently dieting under a physician's care? 4) Doctor's documentation of your co-morbidities - You will need to document more than two a) Hypertension b) Diabetes - Type I or II c) Heart Disease d) Sleep Apnea e) Osteo-Arthritis f) Liver problems g) Gall bladder problems h) Reproductive problems It is best to get your primary care physician to write a letter to the surgeon requesting that you be placed on the top of the list due to two or more the above problems.
Sabby
on 3/20/04 6:39 am - Knoxville, TN
Have you tried Dr. Boyce in Knoxville? Not sure if he accepts John Deer or not...But I know one of his nurses there told me that John Deere was the quickest to approve, so he might. I think it might be worth a try to call. I called in early January, went to a seminar January 8th, and am having my surgery on April 6th... Not bad for waiting, huh? Lol, especially when most of the other surgeons in my area have year-long waiting lists.
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/04 12:06 pm - TN
Dr. Boyce operates at Fort Sanders Parkwest in Knoxville and the hospital does NOT take John Deere Tenncare.
Most Active
Recent Topics