I'm 2 wks postop but havi...

Sherry B.
on 3/13/04 9:22 am - Waverly, TN
I'm 2 wks postop but having trouble eating my food and gettting my fluids in. I'm very short of breath tonight and shaky. What is wrong with me?
Bill .
on 3/13/04 12:07 pm - AL
Are you on still on soft food? Have you eaten anything solid not chewed it throughly? No sugar or fats? Could you be dumping by chance? Just some question to help think about what may be causing your discomfort. Bill
Sherry B.
on 3/13/04 2:20 pm - Waverly, TN
I am on blenderized chicken, or peanut butter (limit 1xday), or scrambled eggs, or tuna, fish, etc. Then after my protein of 3-4 oz, if I am still hungry, I can have an item from the low carb list, and then if still hungry, can have an item from moderate carb list. I am told to eat 3x day whether I am hungry or not. I'm not eating anything to cause dumping. I think what happened is I am forgetting to eat 3x day so I am not getting my protein in, and I have found it difficult to get 64 oz fluid in/day. I think I got myself in a situation tonight that my body was not getting what it needed for about 3-4 days, and my body couldn't adjust any more. I was so weak and short of breath and then got frightened. But then I finally ate my protein tonight and low carb veg and got it down and kept it down, and after about an hour or so, I felt a lot better. I'm having trouble with nausea each time I eat also and I think that is why I don't eat consistently. I'm not hungry.
Timothy P.
on 3/14/04 1:09 am - Franklin, TN
Are you diabetic and taking oral medication? If so you may want to contact your surgeon and family physician about reducing your diabetes medication. You are describing what I go through with a low blood sugar attack.
Sherry B.
on 3/14/04 3:58 am - Waverly, TN
No I'm not diabetic, but I do think my blood sugar might've bottomed out because I have not been eating like I'm supposed to. I get nauseated each time I try to eat, and I forget to eat. I'm not tolerating the food as easily as I thought I would. I was really frightened last night. I got so short of breath, then shaky, weak and cold. It scared me. I am hoping it is just the adjustment to everything in trying to get my system back to some normalcy.
ShrinkingKatie
on 3/15/04 12:55 am - Crossville, TN
I don't have any advice for you but.... Hope your feeling better!!! *Big Hugs!*
Most Active
Recent Topics