DOES TENNCARE PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION???

Leslie M.
on 3/6/04 5:51 pm - Memphis, TN
Does anyone know if Tenncare Select provides transportation to appts, and the surgery? I live in Memphis, Tn and will be traveling 5 hrs one way to Clarksville, TN to have the surgery... Let me know.... Thanks, Leslie [email protected]
missdjv B.
on 3/6/04 10:35 pm - clarksville, tn
Leslie, My mom has TennCare Select and she gets rides from J&J transportation, in Clarksville, for her appointments. They are awesome, and have a 1-800#, but mom thinks its local for like Hoptown, Nashville, and Clarksville. Have you called the TennCare #? They can tell you who to call for long trips like that.. Good luck Donna
lologmom
on 3/7/04 1:30 am - Lebanon, Tn
i think the new tenn care thing is that they will provide transportation to appts and to hospital if you have ABSOLUTELY no other way to get there. memphis is quite a way from clarksville. who is doing your surgery in clarksville as opposed to memphis that you would travel that far? anyway, there is a transportation 800 number that you can contact. just call the # on your card and ask them how to contact transportationj services. you have to call so many days ahead of time to get on their schedule i think. and it is always with a contracted company whether it be taxi service or shuttle bus. good luck
DixieFlower
on 3/8/04 1:18 am - Chattanooga, TN
Yes Tenncare has always assisted in providing transportation to Dr appointments. If you look in your MCO book they have the transportation numbers divided up according to counties. If the Dr you are seeing is quite a distance then TENNCARE it's self has to approve the transportation otherwise you just call the transportation people tell them the time, date and dr you are seeing and it is scheduled. I am having surgery in Clarksville. I live in Chattanooga. The Dr in Clarksville was the closest Dr that takes both BlueCare and someone with the BMI that I have. I have a case manager and she worked hard to find me that Dr. I have made a total of three trips so far to Clarksville and TNCare has provided the transportation all of those trips and even would provide transportation for me on my surgery date if needed.
Most Active
Recent Topics