Is it true that if you have PHP Tenncare it will cover "program fees"

kim R.
on 3/5/04 4:58 am - loudon, TN
Im having a hard time getting the $3,000 program fee that Dr. Steven Boyce requires. Will the PHP cover this I have blue care now and i am going to switch, also would like to chat with anyone close to my age im 20 and my name is kim. Thanks
Timothy P.
on 3/5/04 6:21 am - Franklin, TN
No. Your surgeon is requiring you to fund your coinsurance and deductible up front. Technically you can not join TennCare if you qualify for insurance under an employer's plan. I know as we are under my wife's insurance at her place of employment as TennCare did the follow up to make sure she was qualified to purchase from her employer. $3,000 over twelve months is not that much - it is less than $60 a month or the equivalent of buying lunch everyday at McDonald's and buy lotto tickets!
CarolynInHuntsville
on 3/5/04 11:06 am - Alabama, AL
$60 x 12 months would be $720.00
iamtina
on 3/8/04 7:50 am - Cookeville, TN
It would be close to 250 dollars a month for a year... that sucks.....
Ellen E.
on 3/8/04 12:10 pm - Mt Juliet, TN
Hi Kim!! Have you thought about the Cumberland Center for Obesity Surgery in Nashville. I know they accept TNCare PHP, and there is no program fee. You can check them out on the web at www.ccfos.com I had the DS on 10/3/03 and so far have lost 95 pounds. CCOS has a great team. Good Luck! Ellen
Debra F.
on 3/16/04 9:47 pm - Dover, TN
Kim, Any doctor charging a program fee over $200 is not doing you any favors. There are several doctors who do not................ CCFOS.com is Dr. Husted and he charges a first time fee of $200 but if you have TennCare PHP they pay everything you have no out of pocket monies. Dr. Husted has also done over 900 of these surgeries. You have nothing to fear. Good luck, Debra
Most Active
Recent Topics