WONDERING

kathrynej2003
on 2/18/04 6:43 am - ROAN MOUNTAIN, TN
WHAT IS THIS I HEAR ABOUT DR. COLQUITT HAVING TO HAVE $3000.00 UP FRONT JUST TO BE IN THIS PROGRAM. DO THEY ALL CHARGE THAT OR IS IT JUST THIS ONE?
keisha G.
on 2/18/04 12:02 pm - alcoa, tn
The Cumberland Center for Obesity does not charge that, several others do Dr. Husted Anderson,and Spaw does not they are located in Nashville. Good Luck
KD L.
on 2/19/04 4:31 pm - TN
Um, I had to pay $5,000 up front to Dr. Husted before my surgery. Unless they changed their policy, they still require a deposit.
KD L.
on 2/24/04 12:04 am - TN
Keep in mind most insurance companies pay the doctors a minute amount...I didn't get any of my deposit back. I had Anthem BCBS...they suck. I got approved no problem, but they didn't pay hardly anything to Dr. Husted and I still had to pay about $3000 to Baptist Hospital.
wannabe an 8.
on 2/19/04 10:21 am - knoxville, TN
Went to dr Stephen Boyce class lst night. He also charges the 3000.oo fee upfront. Most ins wont cover it. mine wont!
keisha G.
on 2/20/04 3:22 am - alcoa, tn
There is down payments you have to pay for the surgery on some insurance plans, but for the seminar class there is no charge. Some doctors charge for the seminar Dr. Husted does not. There is a doctor in Knoxville that charges 3,000.00 for the seminar. Is this what you guys are talking about?
wannabe an 8.
on 2/20/04 5:34 am - knoxville, TN
Hi No i went to dr boyces seminar there was no charege for that. However he has an upfront fee of 3000 even if you have insurance for your"after care" and different other things. They have a website for his office taht tells exactly what the money is for.
Ellen E.
on 2/22/04 3:33 am - Mt Juliet, TN
Dr Hustead's office charges a fee for the amount that most Insurance companies won't pay. I believe this is what the insurance company calls "reasonable and customary". This is the amount that the insurance company won't pay because they feel it is not necessary. So, that upfront fee is used to cover those expenses. We payed the deposit and within a month after surgery received a check for the unused portion. Hope this helps! Ellen
Timothy P.
on 2/23/04 2:06 am - Franklin, TN
I will have my surgery at Vanderbilt. The only requirement they placed on me is payment of the co-payments required by my insurance company and paying the nutritionist/dietician up front. I suggest you research what your insurance is willing to pay and then see about the hospitals performing WLS. Here in the Nashville area they are: Baptist Centennial St. Thomas Southern Hills Vanderbilt Centennial and Vanderbilt have separate physician practice groups performing the procedures. My preference is Vanderbilt because it is done through the Vanderbilt Center for Human Nutrition, a separate department at VUMC. Plus Vandy is a teaching hospital and more in tune with overall patient care than others. And believe me when I state this as I have experienced care at Baptist, Centennial and St. Thomas. I prefer Vanderbilt hands down!
Most Active
Recent Topics