Cigna/FedEx

rhonda B.
on 2/17/04 4:05 am - memphis, tn
Hi Tammy, I like you had other issues with health problems. I did get letters from my other doctors to send in. ( Couldn't Hurt). We are already doing that. Good luck to you!! Rhonda
KATHLEEN M.
on 2/17/04 11:50 am - MEMPHIS, tn
Yes, I did get a letter from my PCP, I wish I had gone ahead and asked other docs for letters also, however they told me it wasn't necessary. I did give them about 40 yrs worth of diet history though! From my very first diet at 11 to my last round at WW. I hope it was enough. Considering all the meds I'm on Cigna would save money paying for the surgery! Good Luck! Kathleen
babyblues68
on 2/18/04 1:14 am - Cordova, TN
Ok Guys....I went to my PCP yesterday. He said he'd give me a letter saying he thought it would benefit me to have the surgery only. No diet history. I've only been to him for a couple of months. My problem is my diet history being documented. I've got 2 years of records from my last doctor who is a total dipstick. He only recorded the diet pills he gave me...not the Atkins or Beverly Hills he put me on. The doctor before that sent me to a nutrionist for a diabetic diet. Do I have to get letters from these other doctors or is my chart good enough. The rest of my dieting has been just me. Name the diet I've done it. Am I putting more presure on myself than need be? I'm not good with doctors and don't care for the one I'm going to now. Any suggestions? Tammy
pamella
on 2/18/04 7:46 am - Southaven, MS
I have Cigna insurance and my husband works for Fed Ex. I was denied the first two times due to diet history (they actually did not have all the paperwork both times). I was going to plea my case but they approved it then. It was very hard to find out what has happening during the time it was being reviewed. They were very serious about the diet history. I had a very good diet history. 3 solid years of weigh ins at two different at two different diet docs. Once they received the papers I was okay. But I was denied due to some of the weighins missing (not that much) Good luck!! Stay On Them!!
KATHLEEN M.
on 2/19/04 9:10 am - MEMPHIS, tn
Tammy, The staff at the Bariatric Center at St Francis can really tell you what you need, Leslie and Ginger are both really great to work with. I'm scared to call Cigna to see how my paper work is coming, I know that is silly and I will probably call next week just to check. Kathleen
babyblues68
on 2/19/04 9:38 am - Cordova, TN
No Kathleen it's not silly. I'm scared even before my paperwork goes to the doctor. Not of the surgery, but the fear of rejection. I've got one more doctor who I will have records of previous diet history from on Monday and then will send my packet into the center. Wish me luck. Still have my fingers crossed for you that you don't have any Cigna problems. Tammy
KATHLEEN M.
on 2/20/04 7:30 am - MEMPHIS, tn
Well, Leslie called me today and I have already been denied! She is going to try to set up a peer to peer between Dr McGrath-Weaver and Cigna next week. She was shocked, she was so sure that it would be approved. I would hate to have to get a lawyer but I will if necessary. Kathleen
babyblues68
on 2/20/04 9:14 am - Cordova, TN
My husband and I are shocked! You have some of my same problems as I. I'll pray that the peer to peer works. Dr. McGrath did that for another person on this board and got approved. Can't remember who though. I hate you getting the big "D" (denied). Just try to look at it this way...it only took 5 days for the bad news not weeks. So now the quicker it can get appealed. I agree on the lawyer!!!! I will go this way if need be too. Keep us updated and feel free to email if your get down. Praying, Tammy
KATHLEEN M.
on 2/20/04 10:56 am - MEMPHIS, tn
I appreciate your support! It means a lot to have people who understand. Kathleen
rhonda B.
on 2/21/04 12:40 pm - memphis, tn
Kathleen, I am sorry you were denied. Did you ask what the reason, I'm asking because I didn't get approved until they had my diet history. I hope everything goes smoothly with your appeal. Good Luck!!!! Rhonda
Most Active
Recent Topics