Insurance not approving wls?

Ronda E.
on 1/23/04 2:15 am - Tustin Ranch, CA
I am looking for individuals who are struggling to get their health insurer to cover bariatric surgery. If this is you, or someone you know, please send an email to [email protected] this weekend only! Thanks for all your help. Ronda Einbinder ObesityHelp.com Public Relations
diana S.
on 1/24/04 10:54 am - chattanooga, TN
Rhonda I have been struggling for months to get insurance approval. I have been denied twice and im waiting for a response from my second appeal. they say there is a exclusion in my insurance policy but before i even started this whole process i called my insurance company and asked them specifically is this surgery is covered under my plan and twice they said yes but it must be medically necessary and i must go in for a office visit. so I did what I was told. now Im waiting for a response. I sent the last appeal letter the second week in December. Diana Humana choice care
susie G.
on 1/28/04 2:13 am - lebanon, TN
I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING BCBS FOR 1 YEAR NOW. WHEN MY CO TOOK THIS OUT WE DID SO JUST FOR THIS REASON AFTER GOING TO MY DR'S VSTS WE FOUND OUT IT WAS EXCLUSION I HAVE WENT TO 3 DENIALS AND LEVEL CARE MEETINGS ONE WAS A 3 HOUR DRIVE AND LOST ALL THREE. I HAVE LOTS OF HEALTH PROBLEMS AND I NOW HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO GO. MY HUSBANDS INS DOES COVER THE SURG. BUT I CAINT GET IT BECAUSE OF MY INSC I HAVE. I ALSO PROVED MED NESS. AND THAT ALSO DID NOT HELP. WHY BCBS COVERS IT UNDER SOME POLICIES AND NOT ALL IT LOOKS LIKE BLUE CROSS POLICIES SHOULD ALL DO THE SAME. I WORK IN THE INSC FIELD FOR 10 DR'S AND ITS A NIGHTMARE . SUSIE GEORGE
Most Active
Recent Topics