Aproved!!!

DixieFlower
on 1/22/04 7:26 am - Chattanooga, TN
Woo hoo and almost one long yr after I began the process I have recieved approval. My insurance case manager called me this morning to inform me that I have been approved. Now all I need to do is wait for my surgeon to call me back so I can set a date. Her office said Im looking at sometime in March. I cried when she told me I was approved.
missdjv B.
on 1/22/04 12:15 pm - clarksville, tn
That is awesome! I was wondering how it was going with you..Let us know the date
Pam E.
on 1/25/04 11:44 am - Chattanooga, TN
Congrads... you are going to love the journey that is before you. I live in Chattanooga and would be glad to help you along your way. I had surgery 8-01-01 and lost around 200 pounds. I also had reconstructive surgery last month (TT and hernia repair) Let me know if I can help. Pam Emery
DixieFlower
on 1/26/04 1:42 am - Chattanooga, TN
Ok the date I have been given is March 19, 2004. Just thought Id let ya'll know
missdjv B.
on 1/26/04 11:14 am - clarksville, tn
Will you be at Gateway? I want to come visit you if you are. Thats like 15 mins. from my house
ShrinkingKatie
on 1/29/04 8:20 am - Crossville, TN
Missdjv... Did you have your surgery in Clarksville also? Just wondering cause from your posts it seems you know a little bit about the hospital Hugs, Katie
missdjv B.
on 1/29/04 10:14 am - clarksville, tn
Hey katie; I had my radiation done there, and its my kids hospital...Also, I have lived here for years and while in the Army, I had many soldiers who went there for whatever reasons...Ugh I liked the Army hospital 100% more. Gateway is adequate, but I would never want to go there if I had a choice..My mom had 2 surgeries done there too. One time was a nightmare, but the other they took really great care of her...I have to say that the ER is seriously overworked as well. But that is just my opinion, and I have heard Dr Steeley and Dr Hruska are really good Docs; I guess that is all that matters... I had the DS done at Baptist in Nashville; thats where my Doc does his stuff. i liked them mucho!
DixieFlower
on 1/26/04 11:26 am - Chattanooga, TN
Yes I will be at gateway. I would love for you to visit. I am hoping that my mom will be able to be at the hospital with me however that might not be possible. Gateway has a policy in effect right now where children under the age of 13 are not allowed in the patient care area due to the flu outbreak (not sure why age 13 is magic with the flu). However if that is still in effect in March she won't be able to be with me since she and I are raising my 6 yr old nephew. Also I don't know what their policy on overnight guest are since she and my nephew both would need to stay with me in the hospital since we barely have the money for her to make the trip up there.
missdjv B.
on 1/27/04 5:58 am - clarksville, tn
Augusta, we have 4 kids...my 7 yr old son has a bunkbed; your nephew would be more than welcome to stay here. My son is a gamecube and PS2 nut tho, gotta warn ya..Gateway stinks, policy wise...My friend had her baby there in 2002, and they wouldnt even let her husband stay overnight. I hope things have changed since then. You have made it this far, the hard hard part ( getting approved, getting a date) is over...all the other details will find a way to come in place...Wishing you much luck! Donna [email protected]
DixieFlower
on 1/27/04 6:09 am - Chattanooga, TN
Thanks I'll let my mom know about your offer for my nephew. Gateway has changed thier labor and delivery policy so hopefully other overnight guests will be allowed. I mean in away it helps them out. My mom and nephew stayed with me after I had my gallbladder surgery and if she wouldn't have been there I know I would have had quite a few "accidents" by the time a nurse would have made it to my room. I really hope everything does fall into place. Things are just happening so fast now
Most Active
Recent Topics