Going to Dr. Fromm or Dr. Ponce Any info?

Joe P.
on 1/21/04 4:27 am - crossville, TN
I am going to the Gastric Band Institute in Chattanooga. Are they good Dr's? Are they nice? Does anyone know how BCBS of TN Blue Preferred will work with them? Any information will be helpful.
lnelson
on 1/25/04 8:46 am - TN
Hi Joe I am a neighbor from Sparta ...!!!! Hi... Anywho! In reference to your question.... Dr. Fromm and Dr. Ponce are great doctors in everyway. I went to them in Oct . a year ago . Dr. Ponce is one of the best AGB Dr's. In the USA. In fact he trained in France under one of the Pioneers of the AGB . He has trained over 100 other medical Dr's. and given Seminars in some of the most prestigous hospitals in the US . His office is obese friendly and his office staff is wonderful! He at last count I heard he had preformed over 500 AGB surg... I am sure the total is much higher now. However when I went to him in Oct I had Cigna PPO and was soon to be approved !!!! THEN SMACK the first of the year my insurance changed to BC/BS of Tn.... I was told by his office staff......They had NEVER got approved for that surgery through Bc/Bs. First, second and third time I was denied!!!! Maybe some things have changed..... but before I was out -of-pocket a couple of hundred $ I would call and ask. There is a Doctor in in Tn. Dr. Charles E. Morton lll @ Southern Hills Medical Center in Nashville who is in network with Bc/Bs ( he may) be able to help....at least you would only have to pay a co-payment of like $15 , rather than....whatever Dr. Ponce rates are now.... at least you would have your consultation behind you.....just a thought I am now looking for a job that offers another kind of insurance and have looked into self pay issues like going to Mexico...I have found a Dr. down there that the entire surgery cost 5,000. I know it sounds like alot but compared to the cost of 17,500 here it is quit a savings. I am still hoping and praying...!!! GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! _L
Most Active
Recent Topics