December 2, 1st consultation

TenneSassy
on 11/19/03 4:58 am - Hudson, FL
Hi Members, Its been quite a few months since I posted anything. I originally set out to try and get approved for the Lap-band. I have AETNA HMO and was denied. They don't cover the Lap-band because they say it is too experimental. I now have a consultation with Dr. Husted on Dec. 2, 2003. I have already attended the required seminar and have my psych. eval. I also have all my medical records from my PCP for the last 5 years. I hope to have the RNY (fobi) done with Dr. Husted. My insurance (Aetna) does cover this procedure as long as it is medically necessary. I have hypertension, GERD, Hypo-thyroidism, high Colesterol, depression, anxiety and my BMI is 44.3. I'm crossing my fingers and praying daily that I can be approved. I'm also looking for someone who is at about the same point as myself in this journey so I can share my experiences with them and they with me...I have the support of my husband and my immediate family...but its just not the same as someone who is going thru the same things that you are. If you are interested please email me at [email protected] hugz, Terri
missdjv
on 11/20/03 10:53 am - TN
Hi Terri. I have a follow up consult on the 17th of Dec, but have met Dr Husted a few times now. He is so wonderful. His staff is great too, and try very hard. You are treated with alot of respect there! Good Luck to you
Most Active
Recent Topics