psychologists?!?!

ShrinkingKatie
on 11/17/03 1:24 pm - Crossville, TN
Hello ya'll... Does anyone by chance know a psychologists in Tennessee that takes TennCare/TennCare Select?! If you do PLEASE let me know... I just need this one last testing done and I can get my surgary date!! Any help would be wonderful!! Hugs, Katie
Gina H.
on 11/23/03 2:30 pm - Shamokin, PA
Hi Katie, I too have Tenncare and their mental health services are sub-contracted by Tennessee Behavioral Services Inc ( 1-800-447-7242) and for any mental health services Tenncare refers you to them. The problem with them and a psychological evaluation is that the only Dr. they contract with that accepts Tenncare for an evaluation of this type is on the other side of Memphis. I live in Maryville and was not about to drive that far so what I did was to call the UT Psychological Clinic at (865)974-2161 and to tell them what I needed and get an appointment. You end up going twice, once to take a MMPI test and another to sit and talk with a therapist. It cost me a total of $60.00 but it was well worth it to me to not have to drive clear across the state to have it done. The staff were all very nice to me. I also know a lady who is on TC who had one done by Dr. Rogers at the University Family Physicians office at (865) 544-9350. I am not sure if he only does them if you are an established patient at UF*****t but maybe your current PCP can get you are referral to him. I've met him and he is a really nice guy. I hope this info helps and wish you the best of luck!!
ShrinkingKatie
on 11/29/03 4:40 am - Crossville, TN
Thanks for that info but thankfully TennCare found one in Nashville for me! I'll be going there on tuesday!! Hugs, Katie
Most Active
Recent Topics