liquid diet-yuk!!!

JAIMIE B.
on 11/16/03 1:45 am - MEMPHIS, TN
i am 11 days post-op and cannot handle anymore protein drinks. they are disgusting. i want to start the blended food now, a few days before my 2 wk mark. did anyone else do this or is there any harm if i do? i don't think i can make it another 3 or 4 days on protein drinks.
gyverbabe
on 11/16/03 4:56 am - Knoxville, Tn
I cannot stress enough how important it is to follow your doctor's guidelines. I understand how frustrating it is with the liquid diets, I felt the same way. But his guidelines are there for a reason and he is vastly more experienced than you. Just hang in there for 3 more days. Don't worry so much about the protein drinks, cutting back a bit shouldn't hurt you. Try getting in other fluids too, flavored waters, Crystal Lite, etc... Maybe drinking half a protein drink, then treating yourself with something you like would help.
wyncrtr
on 12/30/03 1:56 am - Nashville, TN
Jaimie, The reason you are on a liquid diet at this stage, is because your new stomach needs time to heal. It has to be treated like a new baby's stomach. I found a protein product that is very tasty if mixed with Skim Milk. The VitaminShoppe has a product called 100% whey protein. It is made by Optimum Nutrition ("ON's") It comes in Double Chocolate, Strawberry, and Vanilla Ice Cream flavors. It is in 2-5-10 pound containers. Mixed with Skim Milk, one scoop will give you 23 grams of Protien and it tastes like great chocolate milk. I am 9 weeks post op and have been drinking it for 3 weeks. I too hated protein powders but this product is the bomb. If you don't have access to A VitaminShoppe you can order it online at www.vitaminshoppe.com .
Most Active
Recent Topics