I need help!

Leslie K.
on 10/21/03 2:12 pm - Knoxville, TN
This evening my husband and I were discussing the pros/cons of WLS, he doesn't seem to understand that this will help my health, i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, high cholesterol, etc. He just doesn't seem to understand. I've read him reports concerning the surgery, but to no avail. Do any of you know of a web site that I can tell him about that will perhaps open his eyes? Dear God, I need your help now more than ever. Any advice would be appreciated.
kristi D.
on 10/22/03 10:45 am - chattanooga, TN
Call and ask for one of the University wls centers to send you their information and application packet. You are not undrr any obligation and the packets are filled with tons of info, both pro and con. You also have the advantage of knowing the info is bona fide and medically correct. Try Vanderbilt University and The University of Pittgburgh. Duke is another good center. Good luck!!!
Leslie K.
on 10/22/03 11:06 am - Knoxville, TN
Thanks Kristi!! Actually, I'm now looking at Dr. Richards in Nashville, at Vanderbuilt. I've heard good things about him also. I just can't afford the program fee here knoxville. Needless to say my insurance won't cover it...ugh!! So, I called my insurance today, both he and Vandy are in our network, and they accept my insurance!! whoo hooo! So now I'm assuming that my next step would be to get a referral from my PCP. I don't know how well that will go over though. I Hope my dr. gives me the referral I need. Then after that, call Dr. Richards office?? I'm not exactly sure the steps that I need to take to get the ball rolling. I definately will call Vandy!! Thanks again for the info Kristi!! Continue me in your prayers! I know we all can do this!! God Bless!!
D M.
on 10/28/03 1:08 pm - memphis, TN
Leslie, No matter what information you give your hubby... he will not understand your desire to be thinner and healthier You can only ask that he be there doing your recovery period. Never close him out Sometimes people are afriad and just don't know how to say it.You "MUST" do what you think is best for you. Good luck. 315/288/185
D M.
on 10/28/03 1:08 pm - memphis, TN
Leslie, No matter what information you give your hubby... he will not understand your desire to be thinner and healthier You can only ask that he be there doing your recovery period. Never close him out Sometimes people are afriad and just don't know how to say it.You "MUST" do what you think is best for you. Good luck. 315/288/185
Most Active
Recent Topics