Insurance information

SUAREZ
on 10/14/03 6:33 am - birchwood, tn
Hello everyone, as you may know I am the new kid in town . I went for my consult with dr vanderbilt and everything went fine, but I am a little concerned . I dont have alot of the comorbities , but my bmi is 53 which is horrible! I have Blue Cross Blue Sheild of Illonois and I am worrying that they might turn me down because I dont have high blood pressure ,etc. Does anyone out there have BCBS and if so have you filed for this type of surgery,if so what happened?Inquiry minds want to know.Thanks
iamtina
on 10/14/03 8:37 pm - Cookeville, TN
Well not to be a wet blanket but I have BCBS in tennessee and they have a written exclusion...I just wish there was a way around it... Good luck to you though!!! Tina
SUAREZ
on 10/15/03 4:17 am - birchwood, tn
That was the first thing that checked when I call my insurance .I was told by several customer service reps. that there are no exclusions . I hope that this is true . I am sorry about you and your insurance Tina ,hopefully you can write a appeal and or find someone out there that knows a way of getting this to go through for you . Good luck to you too!
kristi D.
on 10/15/03 3:14 pm - chattanooga, TN
Tina, I also have BCBST and they may deny you, but ask for a case manager, and a review by the doctor and your pcp. You can also appeal if you get a denial. Good luck! Kristi
iamtina
on 3/13/04 8:19 am - Cookeville, TN
Well as of this last year blue cross and blue shield wrote it out of all of their policys... or that was what I was told.. my policy explicitly states NO coverage for obesity related treaments, meds or surgery. So, I am out of luck. Tina
mrysmth1
on 10/19/03 12:26 pm - Old Hickory, TN
Hi All, I also have BC/BS Highmark and they approved it in a day and I had a surgery date the same day. Having the case manager is the ticket. Mine will be paying 100%. Find your policy and see if WLS is covered under medical neccesity if so just go for it and do what it takes. They have to pay if your DR. says it is med nec. Good Luck and God Bless~Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics