STEPS TO GET APPROVED EASIER

wyncrtr
on 10/7/03 11:57 pm - Nashville, TN
Here are a few things you may want to consider before you begin your journey for WLS. This is what I did and got approved in 2 weeks time. Before I saw the surgeon my PCP ordered the following tests. 1. Upper GI Series 2. Lower GI Series 3. Gallbladder Ultarsound 4. Heart Echo & Heart Stress test 5. Complete blood work test, including thyroid, cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose levels. 6. Psychological evaluation. 7. 5 to 10 year detailed history of Physician supervised diet attempts. 8. Family medical history. 9. Current weight and BMI (Body Mass Index). 10. Sleep Disorder Test. To determine if you have apnea. After all of this has been complete have your PCP refer you to a surgeon and make sure the test results are recieved by your sergeon. Once you have had your initial sergeon visit, ask him or her to mail your paperwork yo your insurance company via Certified U.S. Mail. I suggest you do not have them faxed as this may cause problems. This will not guarantee you to get approved but will increase the odds in your favor. Hope this helps! ! ! Wayne Carter
Most Active
Recent Topics