6 week post-op

D M.
on 10/4/03 1:00 am - memphis, TN
Hello Everyone, I wanted to update you. I am almost 6 weeks post -op. The fist few days I was very sore. The port area hurt more than anything.(it took me awhile to realize it was my port area that was hurt). No one really talks about the pain, but the first week I very sore and in pain; and had to take my pain medicine for about 5 days. I went back to work after one week off. The only problem I had was I was so tired at the end of the day. After the 3rd week if it was not for the scars on my tummy I really could not tell I had surgery. Now, for the clear liquid to liquid to soft food diet then progressing slowly back to regular food. Well, I followed everyday just like my MD had written. I thought I would have trouble sticking to it, but I did not. I felt I did not have this surgery to do it my own way. I am now on regularly food, but I prefer soft foods because I can easily digest them and I do not have to chew and chew and chew. Even now, I have some restriction and I have to be careful about what I eat. I do eat 3 or 4 meals a day. Since I had my AGB, I have lost 20 pounds. I am going for my fist fill on October 09th and I am looking forward to eating less and less. I still have thoughts this is not going to work, but I am doing everything I suppose to because I want this to be a success story for me. I had a bad period of depression around my third week. I talked with my MD and said it was probably due to situations in my life that I was going through and me worrying the AGB was not going to work. Well, I passed faster than it came and I am glad. Well, today I am happy about the surgery and my decision to have it and the situations in my life have approved. I am sure in time the weight will come off and I will have more energy to exercise. My goal is to exercise at least three times a week. 315/295/185
Most Active
Recent Topics