Amerigroup / Middle Tennessee?

FinallyLosingIt
on 3/19/12 10:48 am
This isn't a question for me, but for a friend.
She lives in Middle TN and is looking for a bariatric sergeon around Murfreesboro and/or Nashville area who accept AMERIGROUP through TennCare insurance. She's called her insurance directly, with no luck of them being able to acutally give her names/numbers. They have however comfirmed weight loss surgery is covered.

Any help would be greatly accepted
DaDivaDSTnee
on 4/3/12 11:13 pm - TN
RNY on 10/08/12
 Tell her to try Centennial Center for Medical Weightloss or Gateway Medical Center in Clarksville...I know for a fact that Gateway accepts her insurance, with Centennial she's going to have to jump through alot of hoops
KELLY H.
on 6/5/12 8:03 am - Greenbrier, TN
VSG on 12/26/12
 I am currently on the look out for a surgeon who accepts Amerigroup.  I am willing to travel up to 100 miles outside of Nashville.  I already know that the doctors at Centennial do not accept it.  It's so frustrating when the insurance covers it but the doctors won't accept it!!!
msmarilyn68
on 6/27/12 5:00 am - Wartrace, TN
Dr. Douglas Olsen did mine three years ago look in Nashville directory and find him.

ms.marilyn68

sw313/cw258/gw150
Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees,
you're in the perfect position to pray!

lologmom
on 7/8/12 12:51 am - Lebanon, Tn
Baptist.  Metabolic Surgery Center. 
Vanderbilt Bariatrics.
Don't bother with Murfreesboro those docs do not take it
Clarksville does.
Madysdad
on 1/29/13 4:17 am - TN

TENNCARE AMERIGROUP is currently only accepted by Dr. George Eckles in Murfreesboro, and Dr. Charles Huddleston in Cookeville, Tn

These are the only options...

You are required to attend a seminar with the hospital that is doing the surgery.. I have met both dr eckles and i have met Dr. huddleston. I will be going with dr huddleston...

Approval will require a bmi over 35 and two comorbidities or a bmi over 40 and no comorbidities..

also 6 months of weigh ins with PCP, proof of failed diet attempt and a written recommendation plus office notes from pcp..

then a psych exam is required, and a cardiac stress test all before insurance approval... finallly if insurance approves some prop stuff will be done....

After attending a seminar start with having your pcp sending a referral to the Dr. office that you choose.

Dr. Eckles 615 396 4199   or 615 867 1940

murfreesboro will not admit to accepting Amerigroup on the phone because they dont like the paperwork. sad but true.... However if you attend a seminar they will discuss it with you while you are there...

Cookeville Dr. Huddleston 931 528 1992

Best of luck!

Ali Shepherd
on 8/5/13 1:34 am - Smyrna, TN

Thank you so much for this information, you saved me a lot of headache and searching.

I'm schedule for seminar on September 11th

Most Active
Recent Topics