New Here

NYmama
on 2/16/12 5:00 am - Harvest, AL
 Hi, My name is Ginger and I live in the Portland, TN area. I used to live in Western NY hence the user name. I used to be on this site and then decided I rather not go through with WLS. I figured I could do it on my own. Well 2 years down the road and I am still just as havey if not more so. 
I hate myself, I hate the way I look. I want to be pretty again.
I have 4 children, and a grand child on the way.
We have tenncare Amerigroup right now. So I have no clue if they will even pay for surgery. 
I have insulin ressistance, I have PCOS, and I have high BP that is controlled by meds. 

Deborah C.
on 2/17/12 5:09 am - Antioch, TN
Please keep coming back and reading and telling your story. I know when I was new on here I learned so much before I had my surgery and I really found a great support group.

Good Luck to you

Deborah
Height 5'6" HW 255/SW 229/CW170    

janice2007
on 2/26/12 5:23 am - clarksville, TN
I had the surgery in 2009. It was definitely a journey to get to the point of actually doing it.
I was part of low carb friends for almost two years and yoyo diet with drs also. I finally just made the decision I needed a stronger tool to help me achieve what I always wanted. 

I cried the first time I realized I could sit on the floor Indian style with my four kids and get up with out having to roll over or hold on to anything. There was so much life I was able to participate in so effortlessly. 

To get to my decision I contacted my insurance company directly and they told me what exactly they covered and what their policy was for the procedure. Then I contacted the dr and found out what his office policy and procedure was for actually committing to the surgery with me.

There were trade offs , having to take vitamins and blood work for the rest of my life, wondering what complications i would have during or after,  These were challenges i was ready to take after I did a lot of research and made plans.

I don't regret it at all and take responsibility for the health issues I have to maintain that I created with the rny bypass. Most important for me also was to have support and encouragement around me as my life changed.
My husband was great(he also had the surgery) and my family who has always been overweight was not critical of my decision, and very helpful in any way  I needed. 
The OH board was Wonderful resource that my Drs office required of us to join several months before the surgery.

I am still on the journey to completing what I started with the weight loss. I am in my plastic surgery phase. Its almost just as much apprehension and anticipation as the actual rny surgery.
But  I am ready to move on to that phase.

Keep looking on the boards and asking questions and looking at profiles, you will soon be able to make your decision when you are ready.

My profile has some info you might like to see, please take a look and if you have any questions you feel i can help with let me know.

Most Active
Recent Topics