Dr Wegner- Memphis?

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/11 7:19 am - TN
My insurance paid for everything except my deductible and out-of-pocket expenses.  It's through CIGNA.
Tooty
on 12/5/11 3:43 am - Germantown, TN
I have heard good things about Dr. Wegner.  I had surgery by Dr. Weaver.  I haven't had any problems.  Both are very good, it's their office that could use some help ;o) 

- About the insurance - you can try submitting it to them to see if they will pay.  Each insurance company is different.  They might reimburse you for it.

Good Luck!
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
becolegray
on 12/13/11 9:46 am - Union City, TN
RNY on 01/09/12
My surgery date is 01/09/2012 with Dr. Wegner. I have been in 3 different programs since I started the process 3 years ago and the St. Francis program made me feel the most comfortable. I never once saw any of the surgeons with the other programs. I have seen Dr. Wegner 3 times total now (seminar, tiny group meeting in waiting room, one on one) and will be meeting with him again on 12/21/11. He is a very kind man but will tell you exactly what he thinks based on research, clinical data, etc. I have not met Dr. Weaver but I have heard nothing but good about her. I just went with Dr. Wegner because at the seminar he was exactly what I was looking for in a suegeon. Good luck!
jdgaston1
on 12/19/11 2:31 am - Memphis, TN
 Congrats on getting your surgery date! Do you know what type of insurance is accepted by Dr. Wegner? 
becolegray
on 12/19/11 9:09 am - Union City, TN
RNY on 01/09/12
I am not exactly sure. I know he takes United Healthcare. I am sure there are probably very few types of insurance that they would not try to work with. I have United Healthcare and I know they accept it, but the surgery was specifically excluded from my plan by my employer.

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/11 7:23 am - TN
Specifically EXCLUDED! That stinks!  I'm sorry!
princess_raspberry
on 12/26/11 5:00 am
I had my surgery with Dr. Wegner two weeks ago. I've met with both docs. I chose Dr. Wegner b/c it worked best with my timeline of when I needed to do surgery to fit with my work.

He and Dr. Weaver have different management of surgery. Their post surgery food plans are different. Dr. Wegner will put in a drain post op and you have very tiny incisions that are glued. Dr. Weaver doesn't do a drain, but her incisions are a bit bigger and are stapled.
HW 394 | SW 330 | CW 270 | GW 150
preop [64]  month 1 [32]  month 2 [10]  month 3 [18]

Countrygirl77
on 1/3/12 10:55 am
How are you doing after surgery?
SleeveDivaNoire '11
on 12/26/11 9:04 pm
When I first decided to have surgery, I was hell-bent on having Dr. Weaver since I had heard so much about her and had seen her patients well.  However, the office staff convinced me to talk to Dr. Wegner, esp since Dr. Weaver had such a long waiting list.  I was skeptical since Dr. Wegner was relatively new there.  I met him, and LOVED him.  We had a little spat when I didn't go along with his suggestion for an RNY.  He got over it, and did my VSG. 

His manner is very compassionate.  I saw him as much as I saw the nurses, it seemed.  I work there and know he is this way with ALL his patients.  If he is not there, he is definitely calling your nurse frequently. 

He is a big RNY advocate, but does really good work on whatever surgery you choose.  You'll love him.

If you have questions, feel to PM me.

Khem
AKA NotBaby_Fat
Ht 5'6"/HBMI: 50.8 /CBMI: 37.1
HW 315/SW 299.9/CW 230/GW 160

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/12 4:50 am - TN
He was the same way with me.  He was pretty persistent on the RNY, and I wanted the SLEEVE.  After meeting with him, I was more confused.  I prayed about it, and went with the SLEEVE.  I figured he was pro-RNY simply because he did so many and was just good at it. 

I'm happy with my choice, but sometimes at night, I lay in bed wondering if I did the right thing.
Most Active
Recent Topics