Support Groups

gracee44
on 6/24/11 10:21 am
When does the next Fountain City support group meet. ?
southernlady5464
on 7/4/11 8:37 am
kap63
on 7/8/11 11:45 am
Hi Gracee,

According to Donna at New Life the North Knoxville (Ftn City) group still meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 at Fountain City Methodist Church. The reason only the Parkwest groups are listed on the website is because that is where they want the pre ops to attend. Hope that helps and look forward to seeing you there after your surgery. 

K

gracee44
on 7/8/11 9:46 pm
Thanks Karen for the info ). Have a great weekend !

TNgal_Knoxville
on 7/10/11 1:55 am - Knoxville, TN
Can any one attend or do you have to have date for surgery? I would love to attend..I am in East Knox Gracee.
gracee44
on 7/10/11 2:10 am
NO you Dont need a date... ).. I am planning on going this month Will be a very long day though... work 8 hours, then a class from 4-6  and then heading to the class lol... hope its ok to wear scrubs,... I havnt been to FC group yet, looking forward to it... My Bro goes to the church that this group is at and knows the goup leader I believe... I am told they are very nice people ! I believe the more we learn and the support we get will be very helpful to our sucess !

southernlady5464
on 7/10/11 11:24 pm
kap63
on 7/11/11 8:18 am
Liz,
I spoke to Donna on Thurs 7/7/11 and questioned her specifically about the North Knox and Oak Ridge groups and their omission from the website. According to both her and Melissa they are currently meeting.

I had noticed about a month ago they weren't on the website and called the office in June and was told " they hadn't met in months", which I knew was not true.  I attended NKnox in March, there was no mtg April due to Easter,and I was OOT May.I didn't attend any mtgs in June b/c of the conversation with the office.  

My daughter went to the office 7/7 to pick up her labs reports and asked for a meeting list.  She came back to the car with the same list they have always given out and told me Melissa told her NKnox and OR still meet. I called the office (immediately from the car) more than a little frustrated and spoke with Donna who assured me these groups still meet and had no idea who would tell me otherwise. She said the office wants pre ops to attend the Parkwest meetings and that is why the others have been removed from the site.

THIS IS CERTAINLY A MYSTERY.

Is anyone else game to call the office and see what story they get?

K

southernlady5464
on 7/11/11 8:52 am
Generic User_Name
on 7/16/11 10:59 am
I was with my wife southernlady at her follow up with Dr. Boyce yesterday. She had meant to ask Dr. Boyce about the support groups but didn't remember to while he was in the room.

I asked Robin, one of the Bariatric Registered Nurse Coordinators about this. She told us that they were consolidating the support groups and they were sending preops only to the support groups at Parkwest.

My wife asked Kristal, one of the Dieticians about this. Her response was that the Fountain City support WAS still meeting and that Sandra Hatcher was "one of the worst about posting updates".

So, as you can see, we were unable to clear this situation.

Most Active
Recent Topics