Surgery went well

newtintn
on 4/23/11 2:01 pm - TN
Surgery was on April 19th and went well...passed my swallow test and went home thursday afternoon. Ive been VERY sore, more so than I expected and I have NO energy at all. Having a VERY hard time getting liguids in, my pouch doesnt seem to like water and I fear Im going to get dehydrated. Trying crystal light but its so sweet it makes me neaseaus so Im also eating SF popsicles. Not eating a lot either, about a meal a day... 

Bruce S.
on 4/24/11 3:36 am - Portland, TN

Congrats.  I am preop but I hear from all the vets that it gets better day by day, just keep workign it and slowly bbut surely get your ffluids in.

Sniffles...
on 4/24/11 10:02 pm, edited 4/24/11 10:02 pm - Hendersonville, TN
'glad to hear your recovery is going well! It gets a little bit better each day!

Height 5'9" Highest BMI - 45.3 Current BMI - 24.2
03/27/10 - 307 (pre-surgery),    03/30/10 - 303 (surgery),    Now - 164    
KellyJTn
on 4/25/11 12:35 pm - Oak Ridge, TN
It took me close to 3 mths to get my energy back. It will be here before you know it though!  Definitely find something to drink that doesn't make you sick, because you will get dehydrated very quickly. I did, a month out, and ended up back in the hospital for a week, and going home with a picc line and TPN for an entire month to get me back to normal levels. That was a rough time!

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

Most Active
Recent Topics