North Knoville area

gracee44
on 4/18/11 8:57 am
Hi  ) 
Just wondering if there are any support groups in or near the north knox area. I have My first visit with Dr. Boyce this Thursday.. Any input on him would be great also.Thanks in advance !
kap63
on 4/18/11 1:26 pm, edited 4/19/11 4:07 am
Gracee,

Below is a link to the support groups in the area. The North Knox group meets the 3rd Thursday
of the month at 7:00pm in the choir room at Fountain City Methodist Church.
Edited to add: THEY WILL NOT MEET THURSDAY APRIL 21 DUE TO HOLY WEEK. 

http://www.parkwestcwlc.com/life-after-surgery/support-group s/

Have you been to the WLS seminar?
Knoxville Seminar When:Tue, April 26, 5:30pm – 7:00pm Where:Class Room of Parkwest Hospital (9352 Park West BLVD, Knoxville, TN 37923)
Contact the Patient Advocate at (865) 694-9676 to register for an informational seminar

I had a DS (duodenal switch) with Dr.Boyce in Oct 2009. He later took out my gall bladder and did a VSG (vertical sleeve gastrectomy) on my daughter in Oct 2010. He is a reputable and highly respected surgeon. As a physician and person he is compassionate and down to earth. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want to meet up  and go together to the North Knox group. 

K

kap63
on 4/19/11 4:07 am
Hi Gracee,
I received a call from Sandra Hatcher the facilitator of the North Knox group saying we would not meet April 21.

K

KittenLove
on 4/20/11 12:51 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
I haven't been to the North Knox group but I hear great things about it!

Dr. B? You are in the best of hands..he did my lap RNY, then my gallbladder removal, then internal hernia repair. Excellent bedside manner and very reputable.
Congrats!

Be happy. 

Mommy2Boys
on 4/20/11 11:12 pm - TN
Dr. Boyce is doing my RNY on 6/6/11.  I'll be attending the Fountain City support group for the first time next month.  I hope to see you there.  Looks like that will be 5/19. 
gracee44
on 4/21/11 9:03 am
Thanks for the input ).. Had my consult today. He seems to be just what I was looking for. I have the ball rolling ) As for the support group I will plan on being there also... Look forward to meeting you all..
Most Active
Recent Topics